Hello from Orange County, CA

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ocsurfer411

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible. Previous owner(s) have done cosmetic and other conversions to make it look like a Mach 1, including the Ram Air Hood, Mach 1 graphics and a rebuilt 351C 2V V8 Engine (though it shipped with a 351 2V). Interior has been updated from cream to Blue, and the Top updated from White to Black.

She's pretty, but still needs some work.
[url=https://ibb.co/jfoLT6][img]https://preview.ibb.co/dGjuo6/3_pics.jpg[/img][/url]
Hey, I'm Jason.

Just acquired a 1973 Mustang Convertible in June of 2017 that's been graphic'd up to look like a Mach 1. She looks pretty and has a new 351C, but still needs some additional work to be "perfect" in my eyes. I don't mean show perfect, I don't ever need her to be a show car...just a little more work to make her something I don't feel I need to do "that next thing" to (if that state of mind even can ever be achieved).

I joined the OC Mustang Club, but haven't yet attended an event (but I shall).

Shout out to me if you're close by and want to have a look sometime (and show me your Mustang).

Jason

Hello from Mississippi. Jason, that is one sharp looking drop top. Looking at your car helps validate the argument of why didn't Ford ever go ahead and build a Mach 1 convertible?! Welcome aboard.

Welcome to the forum from North Carolina.

Your car must have been crashed in front and they put 71 - 72 front end on like already mentioned.

You could get the side stripes and argent hood stripe, NASA hood a and hood locks on a vert. No spoilers on verts though. I am sure they cut holes in the inner reinforcement to put nuts on.

The only things on a Mach 1 that you could not get on your vert was, Mach 1 sports interior, The plastic inserts in the front carpet, the honey comb panel on the tail light panel and the words Mach 1. None of those added any performance. Mach 1 was an appearance package you had to add other options to get performance.

The rear of the car is 73 with the rear bumper moved back and the rubber fillers on each side between bumper and quarter. You also have the 73 tail lights.

I do love a blue and argent car they do pop and yours is a really nice car.

Welcome from Illinois! Seems like we've had quite a few convertibles join lately!

Back