Someone wanted videos so here is a special one.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
Multiple Mustangs!
Couple years ago I was looking for parts on craigslist and found an ad for this Mustang and Ford junkyard. It is located in Oxford, North Carolina. Would be in the north east part of state. I did four whirlwind parts and cars gathering trips that year over several thousand miles. I would get on CL and find items along my route. Sometimes I took car dolly and sometimes a trailer.

So this yard has more Mustangs than anyone I have found recently. There are 71-72-73's everywhere. He will sell some complete cars and has tons of parts as you will see in the slide video I put together. This way I will not fill up Forum with pictures, lol.

Here is link to the video slide show it also has music background but pretty sorry, lol. Only music I could find that lasted long enough to publish it.

https://animoto.com/play/NiLkeemRwo59srsNGD9PiA

Depending on your computers power you may have to play twice and it will probably start and stop. I did not do it in 1080 only 720 so it will run better.

Now I figure there are several foaming at the mouth when you see just the part you have been looking for, lol. He has shipped parts to Africa for one of our members located there. You will just need to arrange for your shipper to pick up at his yard.

He is probably in his late thirties or early 40's and probably has a dozen R codes. He has a full time restoration shop doing just his work for a ridiculous low hour rate I think like $24.00 and hour. They do not supply any parts or look for anything just work on the cars he supplies everything to get that price. I personally looked at several of the cars finished and they are perfect.

There are notes in some of the pictures. Don't expect to get in touch with him and buy anything you see as far as a car goes. Parts he loves to sell but told me the cars were his 401 for retirement.

If you want to contact him the best was is to go to Facebook and search for Scotty Strickland. Ask

him to friend you to send him a message. He is probably your best bet for our years of Mustangs.

He does work a regular job on third shift so you might have a delay in replies.

At the end was another place I visited in Virginia on same trip. He had the Ford training film strips from 1970 that were used to inform the salesmen of what was coming for 1971. When I looked at the strip it had the picture of the Boss 302 that is such a mystery. He would not sell.

Hope you enjoy it is over 7 minutes long.

Let me know how many of you contact him maybe I can get a cut, lol. I did tell him about the forum he has a couple restored of our cars. He is so lucky to have the guy working on his cars so cheap and the work is excellent. Every bolt and nut correct. He probably knows mustang better than most. BTW do not try to sneak into his yard he is an excellent shot and hunts all the time, lol.

He had several sets of A post covers I saw them.

He lives in a small mobile home and spends money on his cars. His wife is a keeper for sure.

Couple years ago I was looking for parts on craigslist and found an ad for this Mustang and Ford junkyard. It is located in Oxford, North Carolina. Would be in the north east part of state. I did four whirlwind parts and cars gathering trips that year over several thousand miles. I would get on CL and find items along my route. Sometimes I took car dolly and sometimes a trailer.

So this yard has more Mustangs than anyone I have found recently. There are 71-72-73's everywhere. He will sell some complete cars and has tons of parts as you will see in the slide video I put together. This way I will not fill up Forum with pictures, lol.

Here is link to the video slide show it also has music background but pretty sorry, lol. Only music I could find that lasted long enough to publish it.

Depending on your computers power you may have to play twice and it will probably start and stop. I did not do it in 1080 only 720 so it will run better.

Now I figure there are several foaming at the mouth when you see just the part you have been looking for, lol. He has shipped parts to Africa for one of our members located there. You will just need to arrange for your shipper to pick up at his yard.

He is probably in his late thirties or early 40's and probably has a dozen R codes. He has a full time restoration shop doing just his work for a ridiculous low hour rate I think like $24.00 and hour. They do not supply any parts or look for anything just work on the cars he supplies everything to get that price. I personally looked at several of the cars finished and they are perfect.

There are notes in some of the pictures. Don't expect to get in touch with him and buy anything you see as far as a car goes. Parts he loves to sell but told me the cars were his 401 for retirement.

If you want to contact him the best was is to go to Facebook and search for Scotty Strickland. Ask

him to friend you to send him a message. He is probably your best bet for our years of Mustangs.

At the end was another place I visited in Virginia on same trip. He had the Ford training film strips from 1970 that were used to inform the salesmen of what was coming for 1971. When I looked at the strip it had the picture of the Boss 302 that is such a mystery. He would not sell.

Thank you for sharing this playground for mustang enthusiasts with us, David :coolphotos: :goodpost: :thankyouyellow:

Thanks for posting it....very cool.

I am definitely going to Friend Mr. Strickland on FB.

BTW...I just went to his FB page and he has some amazing fotos of his cars ....including some of his newborn with the stangs....simply awesome pics!

BTW...I just went to his FB page and he has some amazing fotos of his cars ....including some of his newborn with the stangs....simply awesome pics!
He is always putting pics up of new projects or one that he is restoring now. It is amazing how cheap he gets them done wish I had that guy. Less than $30.00 an hour for perfect restorations and correct. He will also post when he picks up a new parts car and that is pretty often.

Back