Hello fromlondon

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miq351

Reaction score
My Car
My 71 Mustang Grande is one of the 12 units sent to Spain in 1971 to be shown around the country in small motor-fairs and the Barcelona International Motorshow, where it was brought brand new by my father in April 71 when I was 3. She is a DSO 97 made in Feb 71. My Mustang was not on show, was sent to Valencia and returned to Barcelona. While in the docks, the gas cap and the antenna were stolen.
I have been collecting export literature from Mustangs in general and 71-73 in particular.
Hello from London,

My name is Miquel and I am a regular visitor, but this is my first post, just to present my Mustang.

She is a 71 351-2V Grande from February and registered in Barcelona (Spain) in April. She is one of the 12 DSO 97 sent to Spain to be sold in one of the 4 motorshows, Barcelona, Madrid, Valencia, Bilbao.

71 Barcelona Motorshow Poster, where all started

We lived by then in Barcelona and my father was a regular to the Motorshow. After having other imported European Fords, finally he had the money to buy a Mustang. 

Each show had 3 units, 1 Hartop, 1 Sportsroof and 1 convertible, but the Hardtop was already sold, my father hated convertibles, and the other was a white Boss, and my mother said no, "we can´t fit 3 children at the back", so he ordered the hardtop for the Valencia Show, and it was a grande, color P-trim 4A. I was three by then and nobody asked me about the Boss...

The picture below if from the mid 80´s when we changed the sun faded green by a Ford Europe Solar Gold. Yes, by April 71 she was the 890395th car registered in Barcelona province since October 1900.

Some of you will see non standard features removed for painting, like the side moldings and the wheel lips. Other will detect the Michelin XWX Radials and the Marshal Amplilux lights. Other upgrades from the beginning were Koni´s all around including trailer assistance that works as a anti sway bar, and air horns.

We used the Mustang as a regular family car during 3 years, after that it was put in storage until the about 1996, when I started driving it (I was tree when brand new) , and again it was sent to storage when I moved from Spain to UK in 2001. 

I am in London, the car is 1.5K miles away in Barcelona. Hope it will start another restoration soon.

As a one family car, I have tons of info about her, including the brochure and all the manuals in Spanish, and some nice service and accessories invoices from 1971/72/73.

I have some questions for you the experts, but they will be in another post.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you want any info about Export Mustangs, I have been collecting items for 20 years.

Hello from Mississippi. Great that all these years later that Grande is still in your family. Even though you were only three, your Father should have asked you about the Boss!!  :D

There are many knowledgeable members here that are more than willing to help you any way they can if you ever have any questains. Welcome to your new Mustang home!

Welcome !! Loved reading this especially the Marshal Amplilux lights !! Most in America wouldn't know those (closest thing would be name association with the Ford Fog lights (SVO) of the mid eighties). They 'caught my eye" because if you have seen them ON OR OFF you know them. For cars in EU they were 50W/100W BUT they were also used as LANDING LIGHTS for jets with 100W/200W. Tried using 100/100 once and the "generator" couldn't keep up with them!

Mark

Back