Test pics

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill73Ragtop

Long time vintage mustang hobbyist
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
1969 Convertible Restomod enhanced.
former owner (25 yrs) of 1973 Convertible, 351c, A/C, RA
Working on getting some newer pics of the car for upcoming listing when I advertise it to (hopefully) get decent offers.

Discovered I need more work on the camera setting end for better results.  Probably also will head out for better venue than my driveway.  Took 60 pics today - lots of detail pics.   Thinking is the more pics the better, lots of different angles since its kinda like doing a 360 deg tour...

Anyway, got the step ladder out during the precess and snapped these two and thought it's a view worth looking at.

IMG_3154.jpg

IMG_3148.jpg

Nice car! Post more pics of it. Send a link to the listing in case I find someone interested. I'll be curious what you sell it for.

Couple more pics.  Once I have everything assembled, I'll post a link in the Classified.  I'm figuring it could take awhile to find buyer since time of year is not so great and market is all over the place.  I stopped showing it at MCA Nationals 'bout 8 yrs ago since I got tired of the effort to properly clean it after driving to the show.  It was awarded several 1st's in Occasional Driver class and featured in Mustang Times back in 2002.   It still holds its own on occasion - received a Best of Show at this past August MCA regional show in Erie, Pa, but it sure does start and run well these days.

This is a nice car, have seen in person. Whom ever purchases will be happy with this one.

It does look great. Much better than the shiny used cars they call restored on eBay for mid $30,000. You have the details that they never do.

Great car. Did MCA take points for the non original things like trunk mat and spoiler? Is the car a Q or H code?

Could I see a picture of how the spoiler is mounted from inside the trunk? The PO of my cj vert had drilled the trunk for spoiler and one came with the car but he butchered the inner reinforcement so he could put the nuts on the studs. I do not like the looks of that and going to cut sections out of scrap trunk and repair the inner and weld the holes in outer also.

Would just like to see how one is done correctly.

You are correct about having the car in a great background and getting lots of detailed photos. The awards you have would also make buyers more confident. Cars I get cheap have horrible ads and pictures with junk everywhere and it scares most buyers off.

Appreciate the kind comments from everyone.  David, below are some pics of the spoiler mount.  I found it interesting that at one of the National MCA shows back in the 00's, Bill Johnson (MCA Pres at the time) spent some time looking over the car and was especially interested in the rear spoiler mount since he was doing the same for his car.   I shaped the poly tube spacers with a file to conform to the shape of the reinforcement member.

MCA Occasional Driver class does not (should not) deduct points for a number of minor non-factory items - it's primarily based on workmanship, cleanliness, etc.  If it's period correct, they used to allow some leeway.   At my last National, 2 points were deducted for some minor scratches and pitting in the original chrome hockey stick trim pieces, 1 point for a small tear in the trunk weatherstrip, and 1 point for some smudges on the back side of the tires - that was it.   I've driven the car about 15K+ since then so there are a number of wear and tear issues starting to show up.

Funny you should mention about the trunk mat.  At my first National show, the car was awarded 3rd place in OC class.  I was quite surprised when I got my judging sheets to see that they had deducted points for missing trunk mat ( I had taken it out for the show), a couple points for trunk light unplugged (I had unplugged it since I was concerned about battery running down with the light on all day in the parking lot with the trunk open) and a number of other items which should not have been penalized.  Turns out the guys judged the car under concours guidelines, not the OC guidelines, since it was their first time judging on that level.  It was a epiphany moment that taught me that (unintended) mistakes will be made sometimes and in many cases are not anything to dwell on for an activity that I have always considered an enjoyable hobby.

'H' code (with Holley Street Avenger and Edelbrock 4 bbl intake). Front and rear spoilers have never been an issue ( BTW- they are original 71-73 parts)

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a location (old department store converted to warehouse) that will work fine for taking pic of car against a minimally featureless background so the car stands out.  Yesterday was a sunny afternoon so drove over and took a series of pics.  Below are samples.  These are 'as-shot' so I need to spend some time in the photo editing to tweak a bit.  Next goal is to work up proper description and pull together a full package for anyone who is looking for more information when it gets listed.  I'll post a link when I finally put it all together - hopefully in the next few weeks.

upload photo to web

Car looks great.

On the trunk mat. As far as I know the only one that got one was the Grande and the mat was a spatter pattern and not the plaid like early models were.

I did put a mat in my 73 because I have not found the correct spatter pain yet. Not sure if it is the correct pattern either it was in another of the cars I bought.

Back