Info to Replacement-Part Air-Intake-Hose

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will keep that in mind, had the Jeep ones found also but not confirmed in fitment. You have it - thank you very much for sharing!

Gesendet von meinem F5121 mit Tapatalk
 As far as I know, the snorkels (inlet tubes) were all made by Canadian Fram for both Ford and Chrysler during that era and were basically the same design. The dimensions of the inlet tube opening should all be the same as common parts were used, but as we did not make the flex tubes, I can't say anything about the length needed.

I will keep that in mind, had the Jeep ones found also but not confirmed in fitment. You have it - thank you very much for sharing!

As far as I know, the snorkels (inlet tubes) were all made by Canadian Fram for both Ford and Chrysler during that era and were basically the same design. The dimensions of the inlet tube opening should all be the same as common parts were used, but as we did not make the flex tubes, I can't say anything about the length needed.
Thank you for the great informations, interesting!

gmadrid had researched and found this hose (Crown Automotive, part # J3231980) that is a  replacement for some Jeep vehicles.

Ford had released some service hoses after receiving feedback from fleet owners who were spending way too much money replacing the plastic duct and hose assembly's.    

D3OZ-9A624-B 2 5/16X3 11/16 X11

D5UZ-9A624-B 2 5/16X3 11/16X18 1/4

D7UZ-9A624-A 2 5/16X3 11/16X25 3/4

The last two numbers are van part numbers (extra length) and were cut to fit. The Ford hoses are no longer available. You can see that the dimensions are close enough that the 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 hose gmadrid found fit perfectly as he reported.

The link is just one source for these flex hoses. You can use the J-3231980 number to search sites such as E-Bay or Amazon.com to find the best price.

https://www.4wd.com/p/crown-automotive-air-intake-tube-j3231980/_/R-BKMN-J3231980?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=shopping&emlprox=out&ppcfon

Thank you for the great informations, interesting!

Upon reflection, I will add a disclaimer on Ford inlet tubes.  C Fram, didn't make the Ford air cleaner shells, just the inlet tubes. It is possible that some of Ford's air cleaners that they designed, used a different inlet so dimensions might be different from those made at Fram.

My 71 has a standard Fram inlet tube, no duct, and measures 3.7" X 2.25". From this, I would think that a flexible tube approx. 3.5" X 2.5" will fit okay. The 73's used a smaller diameter air cleaner if I remember and not sure which I/tube was used. Sorry if I misinformed anyone.

Back