New Levels of Optimism

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya only a little rust needs to be repaired... but that's after u replace ALL the exterior panels, rad support.. etc...etc..etc.. and for 5 grand.. i guess he should know he's keep'n it for a while.

But what if it is a Frank Cone edition sportsroof ...

Not a Sermon. Just a thought...

I've seen a lot worse. All I have to do is look outside the side door at my pending "high school" 73 Q Mach "Q" code restoration to confirm it.

People used to laugh at rotting 32 Model A's, 40 Fords, early T Birds and bunch more of Ole' Henry's finest left in fields, junk yards or on a curb for sale. Back then they thought, "Who in their right mind would want that crap in their driveway or much less try to restore it? Well, beauty is in the eye of the beholder boys and girls. As a student of Vintage Tin, I cringe at the cars I let go to waste or parted out now knowing the current value and desire. As our Mustang car pool dries up, what else will be out there to restore with hopefully a demand? Granted, this one might be a turd today but what if it's the next Mach 1 "Lazarus of Bethany" ten years from now?

BTW. He is dreaming to get that price at this time...but then again (haha).

I have forced myself not to go get this one. I wanted the engine and would part the car out. It is better deal than the car in Mich. probably and it was yellow but no fold down.. He does have a Marti but not posted. Don't know why so few you can put I think 12 pics in your ad.

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/d/1973-mustang-mach-1/6321452554.html

I have talked with him and got more pictures from him and the car needs everything from roof, cowl, floors, doors, trunk, trunk lid, quarters so it is a money pit. A parts car in my opinion. He was at $2,500 with the what looks like 1965 or 66 wheels but he must have sold them and is down to $1,700.

I have passed on several Q and M codes lately in our area for $2,500 or less.

I just need a good 4 bolt 72 date code block for my 72 CJ Vert build.

There is another guy in the same area that does have two 351 -C but I think too high so I keep digging.

Anything can be restored but is not worth it. My friend that does restorations is doing a 69 Camaro for a Dr. in town. It was a run of the mill small block car and the only thing being used from original is the dash, cowl with VIN# and A posts. AMD in Georgia is doing the panel replacement since there will be no car to hold anything in position. They have jigs for everything on GM and Mopar but do no Mustangs. $18,000 to replace hood, fenders, grill, bumpers, top, door, floors, firewall, quarters, trunk lid, trunk floors, tail light panel. It will be spot welded like original. He is putting flush mount glass and new crate GM engine, 4 wheel disc and a custom built new sub frame. The owner will have over $100,000 in and car might be worth $45,000 but that is the car he wants.

BTW since they are not using a full body it will still have a 69 Camaro title here in N.C. since only body panel replacement was done. If I were to order a Dynacorn Mustang body already welded it has to be titled as a kit car here in N.C.. Can't put the VIN # from a rust bucket on one here.

00101_a0hZOP6etkz_1200x900.jpg

Back