Hello from Oklahoma

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonerbillz

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Ford Mustang
Hi folks, 

My name is Scott.. I am 58 and getting closer to retirement... The kids are grown and gone.. so it's just me and my sweetheart of 38 years now..

For many years have been a avid involved motorcycle road and dirt racing guy. Raced and built lots of bikes.. really enjoy wrenching..

I have owned a number of trucks and cars.. always found a way to modify or make them my own thing..my first car was a '66 Chevy impala SS... (man I miss that car!)

But I have owned a couple Mustangs.. but they were not really great.. a Mustang II.. a plain jane  coupe. I did kinda have a '68 302 coupe when i was a teenager...well really it was my sisters but I would steal it when she was off at college or gone for a weekend.. sadly she got t-boned in it and though she came out of it ok.. the car was toast..

When I was a kid I really hankered for a 71 model.. I love the 71-73 style.. 

Right now I do not have a Mustang to show off or talk about.. but I have a suspect in my sights and hope to be pulling the trigger soon.

i joined because I love to learn and see great cars and builds.. I hope as I get further along in my quest that this site and others like it can make me much more knowledgeable and understanding of these cars and what  is correct..and what is not so much..

Thanks for letting me join and lurk about.

Scott

Welcome from Illinois! There are a lot of people here that will gladly help in your quest!

Hey Scott! Welcome from Phoenix Arizona. You have found a great group of folks who love their 7173 mustangs. There is a lot of good information here and even more encouragement!

Me again. I reread your first post. You indicate you are looking for a car and that you are still learning about the 71 to 73 Mustangs. A few tips that you may not know.

There are three basic looking bodies but actually 5 different body styles.

The fastback (63D) and Mach 1 (63R) look the same but actually have different body codes. Sometimes people will take a fast back and put Mach 1 stickers on it and try to sell it as a Mach 1.

The hardtop (65D) and convertibles (76D) never had decals with Mach 1 on them but the stripes could be ordered.

The upscale hardtop called the 'Grande' had it's very own body code as well (65F)

Lots of people tossing around different engine codes "Q code, "H" code, etc. I won't try to spell it all out for ya. At the top of the page you will see 'Mustang Data'. Poke around in that area to learn more about the different options.

Are you looking to find a nice driver or are you interested in finding a more rare Mustang? If you are looking at rarer versions make sure to ask questions here before buying help avoid getting scammed.

Welcome from W. TN and keep in touch with the group as you consider the purchase. Great wealth of knowledge here and very family friendly respectful group to help with any questions you may have in making your decision.

Where in Oklahoma?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey..sorry have not been back here in a bit and just saw this!

I'm in the Claremore/Foyil area... the sticks! LOL!

Back