Does This 71 Carpet Look Correct ?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4mm

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang 351C 4V Fastback
HellPI Purchased this carpet almost a year ago. I unboxed it a few days ago, does the heelpad look like it’s been correctly placed? 

Also, how can I figure out Which pieces face towards the firewall? Only one side of one piece is finished with piping, all other sides are cut.

In the picture the hole for the tunnel is located to the right side of the bottom of the heel pad.

Thanks !

550F3DDC-7B27-4C9A-A9B3-184203FB5D42.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
HellPI Purchased this carpet almost a year ago. I unboxed it a few days ago, does the heelpad look like it’s been correctly placed? 

Also, how can I figure out Which pieces face towards the firewall? Only one side of one piece is finished with piping, all other sides are cut.

In the picture the hole for the tunnel is located to the right side of the bottom of the heel pad.

Thanks !
Hi (frank?)

Well "correctly placed" and CORRECT is going to be an issue with reproduction carpet.  I don't even see the toe pad ...........so If that is what they call a Heelpad guess that is all you get.  I just put the Boss away for winter - Or I could have photoed an original I found and bought.   (Let me look if I photoed) 

Mark

P.S.  The original 71 carpet had the FRONT bound and it overlayed the back piece. Repro's have the back piece bound and it goes UNDER the front (which is goofy and WRONG IMO)

Mark

Thank you Mark, you’ve confirmed I’m not yet senile :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back