Deluxe dash

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Copestang

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1
I  purchase A new passenger side panel  with the seatbelt warning light, with a texture finish and glove box door to match, but I don’t seem to fit my dash because  my dash seen to be one piece, did I just get the wrong part, can I make it work

Those are the right parts for the passenger side. You will need the seat belt bezel and light from your original panel.

Can you post a pic of your original dash. To remove this panel you need to remove the dash pad, glove box insert, center dash panel so you can reach behind the dash to unscrew the large cut nuts on the back of the panel. See the back of the new panel for the location of the mounng stems and nuts. The the original cut nuts will not fit the new panel stems. The nuts are too large.

here my dash, the panel, it don't seem separate from the dash

attachment.php

p1420421.jpg

Those are the right parts for the passenger side. You will need the seat belt bezel and light from your original panel.

Can you post a pic of your original dash. To remove this panel you need to remove the dash pad, glove box insert, center dash panel so you can reach behind the dash to unscrew the large cut nuts on the back of the panel.  See the back of the new panel for the location of the mounng stems and nuts. The the original cut nuts will not fit the new panel stems. The nuts are too large.
You did me a favor there regarding the warning about those nuts being too large.  I have a new dash panel ready to go on and was wondering what I would encounter when trying to do the project.  Thanks for the heads up.

I believe you have the standard, non deluxe interior and that side of the dash does not have the panels you bought. It is just painted.

I believe you have the standard, non deluxe interior and that side of the dash does not have the panels you bought. It is just painted.
So I can’t make it work? I like the texture panels better

To make it work, you will need to do what Ford did. You will have to make a cardboard template of the backside of your part, marking where the mounting "studs" location are.

Then transfer the template to the dash and drill out the holes where the mounting "stud" go in so then you can bolt the part on. Your standard dash, on the backside will have the support panel you see in the pic with the 3 holes in the indentations but without being drilled through. Basically you will have finished drilling them through.

If I recall correctly you will need to relocate the seat belt warning light bezel from the metal dash to the plastic panel. There may be a difference between the two bezels but I am not sure. Maybe someone else can confirm that.

Back