Hello everyone

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

libram

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1
Hi, I'm handling the restoration of my grandmothers mach 1. She originally bought the car in 1972 as her very first new car with what I've found to be a very odd combination of options and perhaps factory persuasion. I'm still waiting on the marti reports but some things are just odd. She babied the car until she loaned it to her brother and for insurance signed it over to him. It took almost 20 years to get it back but she did and it had become a 3x wrecked mess left to sit in the yard. As she nears her 70's her husband has decided to restore it for her and I'm the one to guide it along. I've been working with this vehicle for the last ten years now, as when it was reacquired almost nothing was available but NOS parts but finally its nearly done with new parts available every day. I'll be posting a few questions I'm sure but I've been through a lot of sources and if I can help anyone find anything I'd be happy to help.

Hi,

::welcome:: from Germany!

That is a cool story behind this Mach 1 and it is great that you support your grandparents ::thumb::

This is the right forum for you with a lot of knowledged 71-73 Mustang enthusiasts   :) 

We would like to see some photos of your baby... ;)

She's quite aware that it is being restored, I hope to have it done by Christmas. The attached photos are from the late 70's early 80's including the original dealer papers. The last photo is the husk that she was when I got my hands back on her. One of the more odd things is the hood, its NASA but note there is no black. The friend who ordered it for her was the dealership owner so its possible he had a little pull with the assembly line. And the body trim with the 2 tone and stripes. Originally she was a 2v Cleveland with an fmx, I did take some liberties with the engine so now its a 500hp Cleveland with a C6.

Love the old pictures from the car :coolphotos: 

The NASA/NACA hood you could get too without ram air or tutone-paint and twist-locks... With RamAir you got automatically the NASA-Hood with TuTone-paint and twist-locks, without RamAir it was an option, therefore with no TuTone-paint and twist-locks. In 1973 it was an option to get the TuTone-paint on a NASA-hood with twist-locks without RamAir, RamAir in 1973 originally only possible on 351C-2Vs...

Love the old pictures from the car :coolphotos: 

The NASA/NACA hood you could get too without ram air or tutone-paint and twist-locks... With RamAir you got automatically the NASA-Hood with TuTone-paint and twist-locks, without RamAir it was an option, therefore with no TuTone-paint and twist-locks. In 1973 it was an option to get the TuTone-paint on a NASA-hood with twist-locks without RamAir, RamAir in 1973 originally only possible on 351C-2Vs...
right, but was it an option to get the nasa hood without ram air and no 2 tone no twist lock in 72 and not show it on the order?

Back