mach 1 door speakers

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

libram

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1
can anyone give me the total amount of clearance from the door panel to any type of actuator or glass? Basically the max depth of speaker from the top mount depth of the door as built? I need to order the speakers but the car is still in resto and the glass in my garage  :shootself:

so I didn't get any responses so I'll throw it out there for others if they need. The factory clearance on the door speakers is very low, I found a jbl model with almost identical measurements and it seems to fit well enough. JBL GTO6429 the size is the same and depth is something like 1/16th greater and you get JBL quality.

so I didn't get any responses so I'll throw it out there for others if they need. The factory clearance on the door speakers is very low, I found a jbl model with almost identical measurements and it seems to fit well enough. JBL GTO6429 the size is the same and depth is something like 1/16th greater and you get JBL quality.
Dragging this post back up because my door speakers are trash and have to be replaced. 

Do these JBL speakers indeed fit? Do you have standard interior?

I was blocked during time you sent out asking the question. I have several cars with door speakers and have couple sets of NOS Ford ones for replacements. I posted the templates for the speakers and the dimensions for the holes for the rubber boot between door and A post maybe over a year ago. If you need some info I can get.

The only difference in years is the actual plastic grill cover. The 71 only has one bar in the center vertical and the 72 & 73 have three if I recall correct. The wiring harness is difficult to find especially with PW option.

David

I was blocked during time you sent out asking the question. I have several cars with door speakers and have couple sets of NOS Ford ones for replacements. I posted the templates for the speakers and the dimensions for the holes for the rubber boot between door and A post maybe over a year ago. If you need some info I can get.

The only difference in years is the actual plastic grill cover. The 71 only has one bar in the center vertical and the 72 & 73 have three if I recall correct. The wiring harness is difficult to find especially with PW option.

David
Found the post from 3/2017 but I didn't see any links or pics.

deluxe interior but it shouldn't make any difference, and yes they fit well and they're not super expensive.

Back