Recent convert...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustang1971

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang
I used to be a Chevy Chevelle guy, but when I saw this new 71 vert, I couldn't help myself. I guess it's an investment in my future mid-life crisis. My wife is already calling it the "other woman."

She's a pretty big project and there's going to be a learning curve. I haven't done much in the way of body work. After looking at some of the other project threads, many have started off worse than mine. So, I'll just take small bites.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of the projects progress!
ee1376bed72bbc0ac3f5866b55c76a76.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

::welcome:: from Luxembourg, Europe!

Well you got some work ahead of you but it's gonna be worth it in the end. :)

I Like Chevelles too btw. I'd love to add a 1970 Chevelle to my garage.

Thank you! Luxembourg?!?

I was in Luxembourg once for a few hours on the way to Egypt many years ago. Only got to see it from the air and the tarmac, but looked beautiful! Definitely not somewhere I would expect to see one of these Mustangs! Wish I'd had time to explore a little.

My Chevelle was a 70 and I ended up selling it and have regretted ever since. I'm looking forward to rebuilding this one and making some good memories. I plan to rebuild this one from the ground up and expecting it to take a while. Gonna have to teach myself how to weld. As I've gotten older I've come appreciate older things and I like the idea of saving these cars from the grave.

I love that there is a forum like this dedicated to these cars. Great for collaboration and an invaluable resource!

Welcome! Were all here to help as you take on your new FORD Mustang Convertible project. What's the heck is a Chevelle? 
lollerz.gif

Thank you! Luxembourg?!?

I was in Luxembourg once for a few hours on the way to Egypt many years ago. Only got to see it from the air and the tarmac, but looked beautiful! Definitely not somewhere I would expect to see one of these Mustangs! Wish I'd had time to explore a little.

My Chevelle was a 70 and I ended up selling it and have regretted ever since.  I'm looking forward to rebuilding this one and making some good memories. I plan to rebuild this one from the ground up and expecting it to take a while. Gonna have to teach myself how to weld. As I've gotten older I've come appreciate older things and I like the idea of saving these cars from the grave.

I love that there is a forum like this dedicated to these cars. Great for collaboration and an invaluable resource!

If you ever come over again, let me know. :)

The coolest thing about my car here is that it was never registered anywhere else. It was ordered here as a new car and delivered to its Luxembourgish owner in February 1972. Export model with metric gauges and all. :)

Thank you! Luxembourg?!?

My Chevelle was a 70 and I ended up selling it and have regretted ever since.  I'm looking forward to rebuilding this one and making some good memories. I plan to rebuild this one from the ground up and expecting it to take a while. Gonna have to teach myself how to weld. As I've gotten older I've come appreciate older things and I like the idea of saving these cars from the grave.

If you ever come over again, let me know. :)

The coolest thing about my car here is that it was never registered anywhere else. It was ordered here as a new car and delivered to its Luxembourgish owner in February 1972. Export model with metric gauges and all. :)
Luxstang- I certainly will! Cool history of your car!
Goodnigh- I'm originally a west coast guy myself. From SoCal, tho. Newport/Laguna Beach area.

Rackerm- There are a lot of people where I am that draw a hard line between Ford and Chevy. Now, I feel like I have crossed over to the dark side, ha! But it's ok... I'm gonna have a blast driving this car! They won't know what they're missing!

Welcome from Illinois - nice to have another 71 vert here! You will find endless knowledge here to help you out.

And really cool t-shirts.

Howdy and welcome from Seattle. There is a wealth of info here. Use the search button at the top of the page to locate previous threads, and then ask away any question you have. Glad to have you on board.

Scott

Welcome ......you will do fine with that car !! Between the OK location for body AND the amount of Ford guys in your area.

Nice thing of a project like that is you can build the way you want. Great example are the wheels! LOOKS like the seller IF THEY HAD NEW WHEELS "kept them" , got price down and now you can get what you want. Depending on look/brakes and use.

Mark

P.S. Even plain jane convertibles look good with black out, spoilers and Magnums!

Back