Best way to fill trim holes in body?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Base 6 cylinder, and 72 Base 351C
I am taking the Grande trim that was on the edge of the vinyl roof, and leaving it off.  What is the best way to fill the holes that are left?

I don't  think  bondo would work... Not sure how to weld them up since some of them I can't get to the back side to put anything..

Any suggestions on how to fill these properly? Thanks! Earl

2017-11-18 14.55.16.jpg

I mig welded the lower chrome trim molding holes on my Mach 1. I placed a piece of copper behind the ones I could get to and the ones I couldn't I just used quick bursts with the welder allowing time for them to cool to prevent warping. After that I ground the welds down and skim coated with filler and finish sander. Hope you this helps. Ryan

I mig welded the lower chrome trim molding holes on my Mach 1. I placed a piece of copper behind the ones I could get to and the ones I couldn't I just used quick bursts with the welder allowing time for them to cool to prevent warping. After that I ground the welds down and skim coated with filler and finish sander. Hope you this helps. Ryan
+1.  Pretty easy to do with a mig welder.

If you're not much of a welder, I've used short thread fiberglass well in some smaller holes.

Back