Hello from WV

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mjordan

Reaction score
My Car
1973 sports roof
1995 gt
hello, been around here for awhile, finally have something to post. 

My dad bought this 73 sports roof while vacationing in Florida in the mid 80's. We drove it back to WV stopping at every gas station to check fuel and add oil. Made for a long ride to say the least with the 351c 2v and fmx. From there he replaced all the sheet metal except the doors and roof straight from ford and painted back the blue glow. The 2v was pulled and replaced with a 72 351cj and c6. Rear is a 9" from a 58 ford (narrower than stock). 

Fresh from being painted, an 80? year old man pulled out in a dodge Omni, he locked the brakes and slid into him, damaging the Mach hood and fender. Insurance claimed both were at fault. 

Fast forward a few years, it went through a few years at the drag strip and then was sold to a good friend to fund our tube chassis 83gt. Fall of 2015 (18 years later) the guy that bought the 73 called offering it back because of divorce. It found its way back home with a whole new game plan...lol

hello, been around here for awhile, finally have something to post. 

My dad bought this 73 sports roof while vacationing in Florida in the mid 80's. We drove it back to WV stopping at every gas station to check fuel and add oil. Made for a long ride to say the least with the 351c 2v and fmx. From there he replaced all the sheet metal except the doors and roof straight from ford and painted back the blue glow. The 2v was pulled and replaced with a 72 351cj and c6. Rear is a 9" from a 58 ford (narrower than stock). 

Fresh from being painted, an 80? year old man pulled out in a dodge Omni, he locked the brakes and slid into him, damaging the Mach hood and fender. Insurance claimed both were at fault. 

Fast forward a few years, it went through a few years at the drag strip and then was sold to a good friend to fund our tube chassis 83gt. Fall of 2015 (18 years later) the guy that bought the 73 called offering it back because of divorce. It found its way back home with a whole new game plan...lol

Plan for it is a pro-touring style much like Gateways 71.

351w stroked to 408 with 26 spline upgrade termed 3550...both built and ready from previous project

Fitech efi

Wilwood front and rear disc brakes

Suspension leaning towards Maier racing rear leafs with panhard bar and front coilovers

Not sure on header/exhaust setup or wheel combo.

Hello from Germany,

nice car you have

Greetings

Juergen

Welcome from another son of a Duponter. Your Dad and mine I think spent a lot of time talking Mustangs at the plant.

Hello and Welcome from 'The People's Republic of California'.

Great story and good luck with the rebuild.

Bru

Back