Introductions

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuts

Reaction score
My Car
1971 BOSS light puter
Black int 28700 original miles

Hello to everyone from the Macedon Ranges Victoria Australia  my name is Kevin my car is a 1971 Boss 351 built dec 1970 sold by Dave Buck Ford Sales North Vancouver BC Canada Jan 1971 In April 1972 with 10813 miles on the clock it had engine brake and suspension mods by John Halls Car Craft for Circuit Racing and was raced in Canada the owner moved to Melbourne Australia with the car and raced it here around 1974 I bought it from the original owner about 1977 78 it had 22200 miles on it And started a right hand drive conversion u could not register left hand drive at that time that came to a halt when the state government placed a moratorium on left to right conversions with no time frame on a decision to allow or not allow converted cars to be regestered and outher reasons I sold it And always regretted that I did years later wanting to get back into a 70s muscle car had to be unique and powerful after the sale of a pantera fall through browsing on ebay I found my old Boss road regestered right hand drive still in race trim with 28291 miles on it I bought it back I feel very lucky and privileged to have it back this is numbers matching original

Howdy from Phoenix. That is a great story! Are you going to leave it right hand drive? Post some pics of the interior when you get a chance. I would love to see how 'weird' it looks.

Hi Kevin,

Welcome to the Forum - Good people who will be very interested in your car and story.

Great to find another Mach 1 person in Melbourne who I can talk with over issues

that we can solve locally.

Mel McLennan [email protected]

Welcome from Oklahoma. Nice car - cool story! I road-raced mine a little but only at local open track Shelby Club events.

Sure was fun!

Ray

Thanks to everyone for welcoming me to 7173 mustangs was a guest for some time before joining &shave learnt a lot by browsing posts there's a lot of very helpful knowledgeable people here I'm looking forward to this help if my car develops any issues. Leaving it right hand drive will post more pics when l get better shots Kevin

Back