My pro touring mach 1 pics

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7173Modstangs

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 Restomod
FB_IMG_1501986688712.jpgFB_IMG_1482798502623.jpgFB_IMG_1482798469897.jpgFB_IMG_1482798458663.jpg20161015_145228.jpgCAM00411.jpgFB_IMG_1511923614019.jpgHello friends,it's been quite a while since I've been on here. Been busy on other projects and haven't had a lot of time to get my 71 mustang out of the garage this past year. For those of you who don't know the car,this was a very time consuming build. Over 3000hrs involved. I wanted a totally new custom car without chopping the original look up. Here is a list of the car's specs.

Driveline:

Engine 4.6 2v sohc, 4R70w trans

Dutchman motorsports 9 inch tru Trac(narrowed axle)

Denny's aluminum driveshaft

Ridetech triangulated rear 4 link with shockwaves

Total control products front suspension with shockwaves

Ridetech ridepro system with dual compressors

RRS power rack and pinion with KRC pump

Factory 04 cobra front and rear disc brakes with Mustang Steve adapter kit

Aluminum radiator and dual cooling fans

Factory 04 fuel pump inside 71 tank

20x10 bonspeed huntington wheels on rear  w/ 275/40 tires

19x8 bonspeed Huntington wheels on front w/ 225/45 tires

Exterior details:

Factory NOS full quarters

New hood,trunk,taillights panel and trunk floor

Shaved drip rails

Shaved sidemarker lights

Shaved door and trunk locks

Shaved emblems,antenna,etc.

Recessed gas cap

Custom made front and rear bumpers and fit tight to car

Custom front with driving lights and tow hooks

Custom rear valance

Custom rear belly pan with diffusers

2 inches of metal added to bottom of car(quarters,rockers and fenders all longer)

Rockers rolled under

Subframe connectors

Custom wheel houses

Custom rear floors

Driveshaft tunnel raised 3 inches

New cowl and firewall built around 04 mustang gt factory heater & a/c box

Side exit exhaust

Custom hid headlights,

Custom led taillights and front sport lamps

All trim painted black

All new tinted glass

Daytona blue paint job

Entire underside done with spray in bedliner

Interior:

Corbeau racing seats

Completely new custom built interior dash and surrounding panels

2010 mustang column and wheel

Autometer ford racing gauges

Sony double din cd/dvd player with navi and back up camera

Power windows and locks

Keyless entry

Charger ports

E brake  located in console

Misc billet handles

Roll bar

Wow nice work u must be very proud kevin

Wow! Just WOW!!!!

I Love the dash with the two pods protruding at the top. And the color of the paint looks really spectacular.

Great job all around!

Wow, definitely a looker! I really like the color and attention to detail, very nice! .....but why a 4.6 2v?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for comments,everyone who originally wasn't a fan of these bodystyles,loves this car. Even Chevy guys talking about getting one after seeing this car. One guy told me this is how ford shouldve built the car back in the 70's. If you guys want to see all the build photos from start to finish,Check them put here www.7173modstangs.com/mymach1

Wow, definitely a looker!  I really like the color and attention to detail, very nice! .....but why a 4.6 2v?
Wasn't my first choice. I was shopping for crate engines and found a killer deal on it through summit. This was years ago before the coyote engine was out. Good thing is,I can bolt on numerous available supercharger or turbo kits.my plan is to add a kenne bell to it next spring. Believe it or not there are still a few things I want to change on it before I take it to a big car show

Thanks for comments,everyone who originally wasn't a fan of these bodystyles,loves this car. Even Chevy guys talking about getting one after seeing this car. One guy told me this is how ford shouldve built the car back in the 70's. If you guys want to see all the build photos from start to finish,Check them put here www.7173modstangs.com/mymach1
Link is not working.

What a big mistake!

Not the car of course, it's awesome!

But now you have to show us details, picts during the build, the reasons/designs behind etc etc... the whole micmach!

biiig mistake you did by posting this baby over here!

SORRY,I HAD TO RENEW MY WEBSITE DOMAIN. ITS UP AND RUNNING NOW. WWW.7173MODSTANGS.COM

MY MACH 1 FOR BUILD PHOTOS,THE GALLERY SECTION HAS OTHER STUFF IVE OWNED OR WORKED ON.

@7173Modstangs

Do you have "during build" picts or (very) close ups from the back lights and the "shaved" honeycomb?

For the lights, I'd like to see what you did to replace the red lenses and replace by this red flat shiny plexiglass.

For the "honeycomb", I wonder how you handled the shape behind the gas cap. Metal(s) used? Know how its fixed (holes like original or sticked)

Also, some additional during build of the inside door panels would be awesome to learn from.

I wonder how you started, like have a flat shape/surface on entire door, and what did you use alu plate? plastic??

input input please! :)

@7173Modstangs

Do you have "during build" picts or (very) close ups from the back lights and the "shaved" honeycomb?

For the lights, I'd like to see what you did to replace the red lenses and replace by this red flat shiny plexiglass.

For the "honeycomb", I wonder how you handled the shape behind the gas cap. Metal(s) used? Know how its fixed (holes like original or sticked)

Also, some additional during build of the inside door panels would be awesome to learn from.

I wonder how you started, like have a flat shape/surface on entire door, and what did you use alu plate? plastic??

input 

Back