What browsers are you guys using?

RocketFoot

What Browser Are You Using To View The Forums?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. What Browser Are You Using To View The Forums?

• Internet Explorer or Edge
    • FireFox
    • Google Chrome
    • Other

Question

I'm just curious as to what browser you guys are using?  When working on the forums, I test everything in Firefox and it looks good!  But I noticed that Internet Explorer doesn't seem to show all the effects like it does in Firefox.  The site still looks OK in IE but I noticed some borders showing on the forum index and text link effects not working...otherwise, it is OK to use.  But for maximum effect, I highly recommend Firefox first and then Google Chrome second.  Both of those browsers work pretty nicely.  IE comes in last, LOL!  Hit the poll above so I can get an idea of what everyone is running here.

spacer.png

24 answers to this question

Google is My favorit [emoji6][emoji106] Don't like the Windows enymore. It's becoming a nightmare of mess.! [emoji6][emoji106]

Sendt fra min F8331 med Tapatalk

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73:whistling:

I used to use Firefox, but since they went with the data stealing google engine I switched to Waterfox.

Used to use Chromium (Google based their 'Chrome' browser on it) but it doesn't seem to be available anymore.

Last IE I used was 5.

Bob

Tachs, Voltmeters, Headlight kits, Wiper delays and more at

http://www.rccinnovations.com/Images/smlogo.jpg

Rocketman's Classic Cougar (and Mustang) Innovations, LLC

Using Chrome, Safari, FF on mac, pc, iPhone and IPad

The issue is CSS on all platforms/browsers.

Here a snapshot of the prob on IPad, and one on desktop.

On IPhone, when viewed in portrait, you can't select any options till 50% of screen, as this element

catches the mouseEvents.

Desktop

css2.jpg

IPad

css.jpg

Prob is in one of this css classes/elements

css3.jpg

There's loading error on https://www.7173mustangs.com/images/flatty/arrow-down.png

Let me know if you need more screenshots/tests...

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

On IPhone, when viewed in portrait, you can't select any options till 50% of screen, as this element

catches the mouseEvents.

Desktop

css2.jpg

IPad

css.jpg

css3.jpg

There's loading error on https://www.7173mustangs.com/images/flatty/arrow-down.png

I think it may be the shimmer text effect used on the top_links.  It works fine on FF and Chrome but I know it doesn't work on IE.  I haven't seen any deformation like you screen capped though.

spacer.png

you are probably testing not logged in.

Here you see chrome, safari and firefox. All latest versions on macOS.

When not logged in, template doesn't have same layout, no extra picto's added to portal, forum etc...

All fine in all browsers.

Once you log in, picto's are added, layout changes and then it "breaks"

FF

firefox.jpg

Chrome not registered

chrome_notloggedin.jpg

Chrome/safari registered

chrome_safari_loggedin.jpg

Firefox when on a PC, but I am mostly on my iPad, so safari.

Does everything look OK on Safari?

Everything seems to work, but I have to zoom in to select the all forums read as the above post shows.

There is a scroll banner when I hit the main page, but not on the read new posts page.

Thanks for all you are doing.

Have you phone and tablet users tried the free Tapatalk ap?  I really like it but I could use some feedback on the ap as well.

I have it, but prefer safari over TT on the iPad.

Don’t forum on the phone as it is work. iPad is mine.

catches the mouseEvents.

Desktop

css2.jpg

IPad

css.jpg

css3.jpg

2nd on the above.

On iPhone / Safari the white floating text makes the page very hard to use.

AA71290_B_B494_45_F7_A991_611_CA6891_B76.png

Above is what the site looks like on an iPhone. The site is almost unusable on the iPhone with the white floating links covering 50+ percent of the screen. It is actually a challenge to pan the window around where I can press what I intend to instead of “fun stuff”, or “social” “search” “more” “donate”...etc.

I know I should try taptalk but I’m pretty stubborn.

AA71290_B_B494_45_F7_A991_611_CA6891_B76.png

Above is what the site looks like on an iPhone.  The site is almost unusable on the iPhone with the white floating links covering 50+ percent of the screen.  It is actually a challenge to pan the window around where I can press what I intend to instead of “fun stuff”, or “social” “search” “more” “donate”...etc.

I know I should try taptalk but I’m pretty stubborn.

I know...I have tried to fix that issue but it is pretty deeply seeded in the theme code.  I am looking into some fully responsive themes but there aren't too many for MyBB and the ones that are out there are not real nice.  This theme is not responsive at all...

spacer.png

Hey

I am a proud til I die user of FF2 yes Ver 2.0 with all CSS and scripts disabled. I have internet access of 2 kbps and all unnecessary code is painful to wait for only to have the page time out. I love the old days of HTML and nothing else, no 1gb banner gifs or multiple menu listing of 1mb ten times on the same page. I am old (hence the passion od 71-73 cars) and I find the whole internet thing was about sharing info but now it is only a giant revenue generating ads index controlled by google !. I used to host and build sites but almost ever client wanted to be number 1 in a search engine result. There isn't enough money in the world to always be on the first page.

My 2 cents, forget borders, colours, and any #@%! flash, make it a nice clear page that will appear perfect on any browser. (PC or mobile)

What it looks like on my iPad.

I have the same thing on my Android tablet, when in portrait mode, in landscape it's OK.

No problems on desktop or laptop, running Firefox, EI 10 or Edge.

“If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.”

--Albert Einstein

What it looks like on my iPad.

I have the same thing on my Android tablet, when in portrait mode, in landscape it's OK.

No problems on desktop or laptop, running Firefox, EI 10 or Edge.

That was landscape on my iPad.  I can zoom in on mark all threads read and it will do it.....I just have to touch higher than it probably should be to keep from selecting the othe options right next to it.

I have a work around.  This is just feedback trying to help.

@rocketfoot

From what I saw, a quick and dirty fix would be adding a simple CSS overflow property scroll to the element class. The text would then go outside

the page with no return.

A better fix, is to make a parent div having a shared background black& grey as in design so both div grow together in height. and site content will start lower and would not be hidden under, preventing interaction.

or the most simple, is to add some basic javascript function triggered by document.onload and window.onresize event to change css className of the element when reaching a width < 1024px to use a CSS class with dropdown props instead.

[ I am looking into some fully responsive themes but there aren't too many for MyBB ]

You said you were diving in CSS coding... The site runs pretty ok on all platform on the exception of that div.

So on my part, no need to stress/rush yourself. We're all happy with it as is, except that annoying thingy.

I'm sure in time you'll come up with own brewed responsive version!

@Henry Ford

[i have internet access of 2 kbps]

Just curious, how come? You live in a very remote location, mountains?

@rocketfoot

From what I saw, a quick and dirty fix would be adding a simple CSS overflow property scroll to the element class. The text would then go outside

the page with no return.

A better fix, is to make a parent div having a shared background black& grey as in design so both div grow together in height. and site content will start lower and would not be hidden under, preventing interaction.

or the most simple, is to add some basic javascript function triggered by document.onload  and window.onresize event to change css className of the element when reaching a width

[ I am looking into some fully responsive themes but there aren't too many for MyBB ]

You said you were diving in CSS coding... The site runs pretty ok on all platform on the exception of that div.

So on my part, no need to stress/rush yourself. We're all happy with it as is, except that annoying thingy.

I'm sure in time you'll come up with own brewed responsive version!

@Henry Ford

[i have internet access of 2 kbps]

Just curious, how come? You live in a very remote location, mountains?

Sounds like you are pretty good at this stuff...if I PM you a copy of the header template, do you have time to look at it?  Maybe you can fix the issue quicker than I can...I am not much of a coder, I just know enough to be dangerous, LOL!

spacer.png

I'm fully booked for the weeks to come but Mustangs matters are human rights to me, so sure, PM at will ;)

Ok guys...I was working with Fabrice to get a more responsive menu but the forum software just isn't playing along!  Instead, I reworked the menu by condensing a couple of the links into the existing dropdowns!  It now looks a little cleaner and it also shouldn't overlap the links on smaller screens (or at least not as bad as it was!)

Special thanks to Fabrice for offering his time and knowledge!!   ::thumb::  

PS...I am also working on an alternative theme that will be fully responsive for mobile devices!!  Stay tuned for that!   :whistling:

spacer.png