1973 Mustang Front Disc Brakes

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLE PONY

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Conv.
01 Mustang Bullitt (my son owns now)
04 Oxford White Mach 1
04 Azure Blue Mach 1 (sold)
I just did my front brakes on my 73 Convertible and took some pictures in case anyone needs them for reference. I believe they are the same for 71 to 73, but not 100% sure.

DSCF8553.jpg

DSCF8552.jpg

DSCF8551.jpg

DSCF8550.jpg

DSCF8549.jpg

DSCF8548.jpg

DSCF8546.jpg

DSCF8539.jpg

DSCF8538.jpg

DSCF8599.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good post! I am thinking about upgrading from drums to disc on my 72. This may come in handy!

yup as far as i know the front spindles and brake setup is the same for 71-73 front disc brakes.

This is a GREAT post.

I did the upgrade on my '73 Grande a couple of years ago.

I used a kit from Master Power Brake and was extremely impressed with the fact that EVERYTHING was in the kit. The kit did call for using the existing spindles.

Master Power Brake is a great company and i received outstanding service.

BT

This is a GREAT post.

I did the upgrade on my '73 Grande a couple of years ago.

I used a kit from Master Power Brake and was extremely impressed with the fact that EVERYTHING was in the kit. The kit did call for using the existing spindles.

Master Power Brake is a great company and i received outstanding service.

BT
Do you still have the old drum spindles and hubs?

Jeff,

The Master Power Brake kit called for using the existing spindles. I am pretty sure that I did not keep the old hubs but am not positive - - will look around.

I have a four car garage and five cars. Couple that with the different motors, rear ends, transmissions and the like and you can probably imagine that I have not "touched" certain items in the garage for years:).

BT

Jeff,

I could not find any hubs - - checked my old invoice from Master Power Brakes and there were none listed.

As I think on it, I am pretty sure the kit called for the reuse of the spindles and the old drum hubs.

BT

Back