Wheel advise

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Watt

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Boss 351 Clone Resto Mod
1967 Mustang Eleanor (in the making)
1966 Mustang GT350 Clone
2005 Ford GT (sold)
2017 Ford GT
Hi there. 

Just joined this forum as I’ve bought a 72 Fastback in addition to my other Fords. 

I would like to make a Resto Mod/Pro Touring and I’m thinking of going for a 18/20 inch wheel combo. 

Does anyone have any pictures of something like that they could share?

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
As someone who has no issues with modifying my car, I do not like the looks of classic cars with large diameter rims and small profile tires.

That and the fact that with the potholes and speed bumps around here everyone winds up with bent rims.

As someone who has no issues with modifying my car, I do not like the looks of classic cars with large diameter rims and small profile tires.

That and the fact that with the potholes and speed bumps around here everyone winds up with bent rims.
I own a few Fords and I like to put my personal touch on them. Not too crazy, but still to show what I think a modern classic should look like.

To give you an idea, here's my 66 Fastback lowered on 17" Torq Thrust wheels and fitted with Sparco Racing seats.

The story with my 72 is that I just bought it, and it hasen't even been shipped from the dealer yet, so it will take a month by sea before it arrives in Denmark.

I bought a Mach 1 clone, so I'm not molesting a rare classic, but again - I'm going for subtle changes (wheels, gauges, seats etc)

The reason for me getting a 72 is that I years ago saw these pictures of this yellow Fastback on 18/20 inch wheels, and i thought that if I was ever going to get a 71-73 Stang, that was the sort of look/stance I would go for.

Thanks guys.

My new purchase is being shipped from NC any day now.

Modified to very original - you are welcome here. Heck just appreciation for the 71-3 Mustangs is good enough!

We all have our likes and preferences... :)

Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ray

Back