HVAC replacement vacuum lines. Confused.....

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1, Q code 351CJ, 4 speed.
I am putting in the replacement HVAC vacuum line kit I got from NPD.  The kit does not come attached to a new connector.  How am I supposed to get the new lines connected to the old connector?  Plastic vacuum connectors??

Interesting.... I was able to use my original lines and connector. I would do as you suggested. cut only the hoses that need replacement, leaving at 3-4" or more of original hose if you can and use a straight vacuum hose connector. There should be 6 lines coming from the connector. I see yellow, white, blue, black and another hose without an identifiable color. So it looks like you have one hose broke off right at the connector (maybe the red or brown? You may need to carefully drill out the old broken hose, blow out the connector to remove any debris, and using rubber cement glue a hose connector in the hole.

Just some ideas. I'd be interested to know how you solve it.

Interesting.... I was able to use my original lines and connector. I would do as you suggested. cut only the hoses that need replacement, leaving at 3-4" or more of original hose if you can and use a straight vacuum hose connector. There should be 6 lines coming from the connector. I see yellow, white, blue, black and another hose without an identifiable color. So it looks like you have one hose broke off right at the connector (maybe the red or brown? You may need to carefully drill out the old broken hose, blow out the connector to remove any debris, and using rubber cement glue a hose connector in the hole.

Just some ideas. I'd be interested to know how you solve it.

Thanks!

One other thing about the kit.  The 2 lines in the new kit coming through the firewall are too short to go to the vac can and the heater water valve.  I will have to extend them.

This kit is probably more for the 69 70 mustangs. Since the 69-70 is smaller, this is probably why the vacuum hoses are short. Has anyone contacted the manufacture about the the issues with their part?

mustang7173

Last edited by a moderator:
You would think they would include the splice connectors if they aren't including the vacuum switch connector.

Sent from my hammer and chisel using Tapatalk

All,

Looking at the Ford Master Catalog book, the 69 - 70 is C9ZZ-19C827 - A and 71 - 73 is D1ZZ-19C827 - A . I would have bet one BitCoin they were different.

mustang7173

This kit is probably more for the 69 70 mustangs. Since the 69-70 is smaller, this is probably why the vacuum hoses are short.  Has anyone contacted the manufacture about the the issues with their part?

mustang7173
OH JUST GREAT!!!  I threw away the package they came in before verifying the part number!!!  If this is for a 69-70 I wonder if the hose coloring is for the same locations!

I got my kit from NPD a year or so ago.

This is the kit they show for the 71 mustang. Looking at the specs it seems they only make one kit for 69-73 so its no surprise the lines are too short.

Mustang VACUUM HOSE SET Air Conditioning repro

19A581-3A

Price: $53.32

Units : EACH

Manufacturer: Classic Auto Air

Manufacturer #: 03-102

Year Model Fits

1969 - 1973 MUSTANG A/C

1969 - 1973 COUGAR A/C

Heres a link to the Manufacturers part. Maybe you could call them and ask for guidance.

https://originalair.com/69-73-mustang-ac-vacuum-hose-set

Last edited by a moderator:
Back