video

c9zx

Ohh Chuck... your car is AMAZING... i love it!! you did an excelent job in this restoration... ENJOY IT!

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mustang-sportsroof]Visit My Garage[/button]

Damián :cool:

[align=center]120x45bk1ani.gif

Vote For 7173Mustangs.Com Every Day![/align]

SWEET!

Ultra nice Chuck!

Ray

1971 Boss 351  

1972 Q code 4 speed convertible 

1971 Mustang Sportsroof  351-2V FMX 

1971 Hardtop (parts car)

1973 Mach 1 (parts car)

Sweet, remind me again of the motor, cam etc............

408, 9.5:1 CR, home flow improved 4V closed chamber heads (verified on flow bench), solid flat tappet cam .562/.580, 238/248 @.050, 110 LSA, installed at 106 ICL, Blue Thunder dual plane intake, Holley 750 HP. The cam is a bit radical but it does what I want it to do.

Chuck

408, 9.5:1 CR, home flow improved 4V closed chamber heads (verified on flow bench), solid flat tappet cam .562/.580, 238/248 @.050, 110 LSA, installed at 106 ICL, Blue Thunder dual plane intake, Holley 750 HP. The cam is a bit radical but it does what I want it to do.

Chuck

Cool sounds awesome, A little radical???? Then dont look at my numbers in the garage, LOl How do you like the blue thunder?

Chuck

Cool sounds awesome, A little radical???? Then dont look at my numbers in the garage, LOl How do you like the blue thunder?

The radical is mainly in reference to the fact that the cam yields 12.5 in. of hg at idle. Not really enough to properly run the brake booster. I'll probably hide a vacuum pump and reservoir to take care of that. The dyno numbers say the Blue Thunder works very well, so do I. The torque is 450 or above from 3000 to 6000 RPM, peak is 496 (standard correction). That was with a 1 inch spacer and dyno headers, neither of which I could use in the car (no spacer, Hooker Comps). Only very minor clean up required before installation. I think it is a very good piece and worth the money. Your engine should be an absolute MONSTER!

The radical is mainly in reference to the fact that the cam yields 12.5 in. of hg at idle. Not really enough to properly run the brake booster. I'll probably hide a vacuum pump and reservoir to take care of that. The dyno numbers say the Blue Thunder works very well, so do I. The torque is 450 or above from 3000 to 6000 RPM, peak is 496 (standard correction). That was with a 1 inch spacer and dyno headers, neither of which I could use in the car (no spacer, Hooker Comps). Only very minor clean up required before installation. I think it is a very good piece and worth the money. Your engine should be an absolute MONSTER!

I hope so, if it sounds as good as yours I will be tickled. I went with manual brakes because of the same issues.

Sounds and looks great! Love the white and black!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Man Chuck, I really like the lumpy lump cam and exhaust note. Sooooooooooooo Sexy!!

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

I can almost smell the rubber! Very nice!

Mac

But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. James 3:17 (KJV)

2member12162.png

Guest BigPinoyHunk

Chuck

i'm running power brakes NO PROBLEM with 11-12 of vacuum!!! but i don't know if it makes a difference that i'm running a 466.

i'm running power brakes NO PROBLEM with 11-12 of vacuum!!! but i don't know if it makes a difference that i'm running a 466.

Nope, vacuum is vacuum. I may have inadvertently mislead you. It's 11.5-12 in neutral, 8.5-9 in gear. It seems a vacuum pump and reservoir are in my future. A 466 in one of these cars has to be a hoot. Chuck

Chuck,

Thank you for the overload to our senses. Car sounds awesome and you know my thoughts on every other aspect of it already. I guess now that your done buying parts the budget will go towards buying tires. Keep enjoying it!

BKDunha

72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse driven restoration)

67 S-Code Factory GT with 4-Spd

68 Mercury Cyclone (Pro-Street project)

Awesome, Chuck! And that's unleashing just a third of what she's got, huh? Wow!

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

Awesome, Chuck! And that's unleashing just a third of what she's got, huh? Wow!

Thanks. Auto transmission and I don't have the best history so I'm taking it easy until I get a few more miles on it. What percentage of gross power is represented by 1/3 throttle I can't say other than it is not all of it.

Chuck