video

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach 1 Q code
2007 GT
1969 Cougar Eliminator B302
CSX 7000 Shelby Cobra FIA
2020 Edge ST
2002 F250 V10
A sort video of the white Mach. Trans has almost zero miles so 1/3 throttle for now.
Chuck

Sweet, remind me again of the motor, cam etc............
408, 9.5:1 CR, home flow improved 4V closed chamber heads (verified on flow bench), solid flat tappet cam .562/.580, 238/248 @.050, 110 LSA, installed at 106 ICL, Blue Thunder dual plane intake, Holley 750 HP. The cam is a bit radical but it does what I want it to do.

Chuck

408, 9.5:1 CR, home flow improved 4V closed chamber heads (verified on flow bench), solid flat tappet cam .562/.580, 238/248 @.050, 110 LSA, installed at 106 ICL, Blue Thunder dual plane intake, Holley 750 HP. The cam is a bit radical but it does what I want it to do.

Chuck
Cool sounds awesome, A little radical???? Then dont look at my numbers in the garage, LOl How do you like the blue thunder?

Chuck
Cool sounds awesome, A little radical???? Then dont look at my numbers in the garage, LOl How do you like the blue thunder?
The radical is mainly in reference to the fact that the cam yields 12.5 in. of hg at idle. Not really enough to properly run the brake booster. I'll probably hide a vacuum pump and reservoir to take care of that. The dyno numbers say the Blue Thunder works very well, so do I. The torque is 450 or above from 3000 to 6000 RPM, peak is 496 (standard correction). That was with a 1 inch spacer and dyno headers, neither of which I could use in the car (no spacer, Hooker Comps). Only very minor clean up required before installation. I think it is a very good piece and worth the money. Your engine should be an absolute MONSTER!

The radical is mainly in reference to the fact that the cam yields 12.5 in. of hg at idle. Not really enough to properly run the brake booster. I'll probably hide a vacuum pump and reservoir to take care of that. The dyno numbers say the Blue Thunder works very well, so do I. The torque is 450 or above from 3000 to 6000 RPM, peak is 496 (standard correction). That was with a 1 inch spacer and dyno headers, neither of which I could use in the car (no spacer, Hooker Comps). Only very minor clean up required before installation. I think it is a very good piece and worth the money. Your engine should be an absolute MONSTER!

I hope so, if it sounds as good as yours I will be tickled. I went with manual brakes because of the same issues.

Chuck
i'm running power brakes NO PROBLEM with 11-12 of vacuum!!! but i don't know if it makes a difference that i'm running a 466.

i'm running power brakes NO PROBLEM with 11-12 of vacuum!!! but i don't know if it makes a difference that i'm running a 466.
Nope, vacuum is vacuum. I may have inadvertently mislead you. It's 11.5-12 in neutral, 8.5-9 in gear. It seems a vacuum pump and reservoir are in my future. A 466 in one of these cars has to be a hoot. Chuck

Back