New wheels and tires are here!! (More pics and info in reply now)

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, took a rear home to see how it fits. (Front suspension is torn apart right now)

The rear wheels are 15x9, with a 5" backspace. These style wheels were somewhat limited in sizes, or I would have gone 10", and slightly more BS. The tires are 295-50-15.

Overall, not too bad, it is a little hard to tell inside the garage and up in the air. It doesn't stick out past the quarter panel. On the backside, I have about 1 3/4" from the sidewall of the tire to the edge of the leafspring. Up higher, about 1 1/4" from tire to the bracket that holds the rubber bump for the axle.  (The angle of the pic makes it look a lot closer)

My only issue now is the gap from the top of the tire to the lip on the quarter. There is about 4 1/2" gap.  I am going for an "Old school" jacked up look, but I hope this isn't too much! (Kinda late now, lol!!) I put new 5 leaf springs on the car cause the old stock 4 leafs looked weak.  The car is on jackstands under the axle housing, so other than the whole car being in the air, I think this gap is about where it will be. I don't have a lot of the parts on the car right now, such as motor/trans, doors, interior, decklid, ect, so hoping that will lower it a little. Plus, the springs are brand new, car hasn't even been on the ground with them, so they should settle some. 

So, overall, I'm a little concerned about appearance with the height/gap, but am good with clearance everywhere. If given a choice, if available, I think a 10" wheel, with a BS around 5 1/2" would be a real nice fit. Hopefully this helps others looking for sizing info.

2017-12-04 19.09.58.jpg

2017-12-04 19.11.35.jpg

2017-12-04 19.12.33.jpg

When I saw the picture I went 'Guhhhhhh', cause that's what an orgasim sounds like. ;)   Looking good!
You're supposed to say "I'll have what he's having!" lollerz

Using advice from members here, I ordered new shoes... Just came today!
I can dig those US Mags and tires. Back when these cars were new, those US Mags were popular, as were the Ansen Sprints ( similar looking ), Cragar SS,  Keystones, American Torque Thrusts. No self-respecting cool car owner would hit the streets without a cool set of rims on his/her ride. it didn't really matter if the car was super fast or not, street cred dictated you had cool rims to roll on. Nothing has changed!

I personally, on my Mach, like the original look today, and I can brag about being one of the very few rolling on the original dog dish/ beauty ring combo that came on the car.  However...….if Van Nuys Blvd were still happening like it was when I was younger, I'd be sorely tempted to have an extra set of custom wheels and tires to bolt on, just to make the scene. Here's my stock look.

Very nice.  Do you have any pics of the car on the ground with those wheels on it?  My car is nearing the completion of body & paint.  I'm considering the same wheel/tire size and want to see what it would look like.  I'm having a hard time deciding between Magnums and the slots.  Thanks.

Back