Convertible 3 Point Seat Belts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Convertible
351C 4v
Are there any vert owners out there that have installed a 3 point seat belt?  If yes, can you describe where the top anchor point is, or even better have a pic?  I would like to do this, but when I removed the interior quarter panel, there doesn't look to be an obvious spot to mount the top anchor.  Please chime in.

Thanks,

Scott

Yes, 3 point. I did it because I had to to get it registered in Australia and because it's safer. I don't have any pics of exactly where I mounted it but heres a clue.

I mounted the retractor to the floor and the top anchor behind the panel where I cut the hole for the belt you can see in the pic.

09523849e7fa3bdd6524bb78b0389bfb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, 3 point. I did it because I had to to get it registered in Australia and because it's safer. I don't have any pics of exactly where I mounted it but  heres a clue.

I mounted the retractor to the floor and the top anchor behind the panel where I cut the hole for the belt you can see in the pic.

09523849e7fa3bdd6524bb78b0389bfb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the response.  Sorry I'm not able to access the pic you posted.  Would you be willing try to post it again?  Thanks.

Are there any vert owners out there that have installed a 3 point seat belt?  If yes, can you describe where the top anchor point is, or even better have a pic?  I would like to do this, but when I removed the interior quarter panel, there doesn't look to be an obvious spot to mount the top anchor.  Please chime in.

Thanks,

Scott
I put a set in the back of my 73 so I can put my grandsons car seat in when we go to cruise night here. I did it so it can hide under the seat when not in use.

Back