Howdy from Oklahoma!!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver5oh

Reaction score
My Car
Just getting started on resto-modding my 3rd '73 Mustang. It's an h-code Mach1 thats getting a mild 351 Cleveland and a Tremec 5-spd, 3:50 T-Lok and 4-wheel disks.
[url=https://ibb.co/eNgx0G][img]https://preview.ibb.co/jj2gSw/IMG_6169.jpg[/img][/url]
Hello all. I am a newbie to the site here and joined to get info and advice on my 73 Mach1 build. This one is my 3rd 73 I've owned and plan on building it into a fun resto-mod and driver rather than a show car. My first Mach was a basic "ok" driver car that I owned when I was 20 and ended up selling it after a few years of spirited driving once I realized I couldn't afford the restoration work it needed. My 2nd Mach was a legitimate barn find I picked up cheap as a roller and only owned it for about a month.......I had big plans for it but a guy drove into my driveway one day and offered me WAY more money than I thought it was worth and away it went. 

This h-code Mach needs some TLC overall but has good bones to build on. She's been an Oklahoma car most her life but was an original Iowa car (by the DSO anyways). 

My plans are to build it with the mild 351C I have and back it with a Tremec 5spd. She's currently faded yellow with Ginger interior but I plan on switching that over to black, and, if the funds ever allow, she'll be silver; the same color code as my 93 LX I bought brand new at age 20 (hence my screen name). As of now I'm gathering parts and plan on starting to wrench on her in the spring....or sooner if our weather holds out here. So far I have the 351C, the Tremec 5spd, an aluminum driveshaft, Griffin aluminum radiator, and a rear disk upgrade.  

Ok, enough babbling, I assume pic's are welcome here? LOL 

As she sits right now......

The very dirty and original interior......  (full length console is in the garage)

The day I brought her home.....those ugly rims were the FIRST things to go!!!! 

Welcome from Illinois! Great looking tow vehicle as well as the Mustang.

Hello from Mississippi. As you said, that one looks to have  some good bones. Lots of experience and knowledge here and everyone willing to help in any way possible, so never hesitate to ask if you have any questions.

I'm a really big fan of the Fox era cars so the nose of that T-Bird caught my eye in your first picture. I used to have a yard full of 'em but I'm down to an 85 GT I bought new.

Welcome to your new Mustang home!

Well Thanks for all the welcoming replies!!!

In response the comment on the tow vehicle....she usually looks ALOT better than she did there as those were still her "winter rims" that I hadn't swapped out yet. She normally runs 1st Gen Lightning 17" wheels. She has her fair share of dents and scratches but cleans up pretty well. As a side note, she's my daily driver too!!

top free photo hosting sites

As far as the 4-eye'd Bird in the background, she's an 84 TurboCoupe I've had for about 13 years now. Actually she's mostly stock and has become quite the garage queen over the past couple years. I did a 5-lug swap to upgrade to 4-wheel disks but drivetrains stock (and very tired....time for a rebuild). She's just one of the multiple 4-eyes we have here; others include an 86 Capri 5.0/T5, an 84 Capri RS t-top 5.0/T5, and my 93 LX Mustang I bought new with just 3,980 original miles.

upload host

Back