‘73 Vert. Dual Exhaust install

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

Pastel Blue

Finished installing the Precision Dual Exhaust on my ‘73 vert. I had to take the H-Pipe in to have the exhaust manifold end bent a further 1/2” out to properly fit the factory set up, but other then that - a perfect fit. I’ve done both my verts’ with this system, pleased with the overall quality. Now onto the rest of the suspension reinstallation, after painstaking renewal and refurbishment... She will look pretty nice under neath once finished.

Still, I wish the top shop would finish my Pastel Blue 429 car so I can get her finished... They have had the car since October 3rd...

Last edited:
you should bring it to the 2018 MCA Grand National in New Hampshire, my Club is hosting it, and I will be working the show, it would be great to see it in person.

www.granitestategrandnat.com/

www.motosho.com/event/5a0cedb02112e

you should bring it to the 2018 MCA Grand National in New Hampshire,  my Club is hosting it, and I  will be working the show,  it would be great to see it in person.

Pretty sure you are referring to the Pastel Blue vert. I have given it some thought as we touched base on this last year as I recall. I recently purchased a new F-150 so that I could tow a trailer once in a while. Still have to look at a trailer... I haven’t ruled out a trip south... would not be interested in any judging of the car, to inconsistent when it comes to 71-3 years IMO. Would be a great show to attend for sure!

you should bring it to the 2018 MCA Grand National in New Hampshire,  my Club is hosting it, and I  will be working the show,  it would be great to see it in person.

Pretty sure you are referring to the Pastel Blue vert. I have given it some thought as we touched base on this last year as I recall. I recently purchased a new F-150 so that I could tow a trailer once in a while. Still have to look at a trailer... I haven’t ruled out a trip south... would not be interested in any judging of the car, to inconsistent when it comes to 71-3 years IMO. Would be a great show to attend for sure!
Yes we did touch on it last year, we also have a section with Display only (put up a barracade) I tought it would be really nice to have a car that was on a magazine to show the before and after.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hello Pastel Blue,

I noticed that you have the factory muffler hangers installed. How did you install the drivers side hanger. I know the passenger side has embedded nuts for the single exhaust.

Thanks,

Mustang7173

Hello Pastel Blue,

I noticed that you have the factory muffler hangers installed. How did you install the drivers side hanger. I know the passenger side has embedded nuts for the single exhaust.

Thanks,

Mustang7173
My car was a stock single exhaust, the embedded nuts were in the frame on the drivers side from the factory.
Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hello Pastel Blue,

Thanks,

Mustang7173
My 73 vert 351C 2v did not have the hanger nut installed on the drivers side to attach the muffler hanger, but the hole for it was there. I installed a Rivnut ( i forget the size) in the existing hole and the stock size hanger bolt.

Luckily it already had the nut in the frame rail for the tailpipe hanger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back