I am dumb. And need help wiring alternator.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sciabola13

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
I made the epic mistake of assuming I would remember how stuff goes back together...

Does the mid-leg terminal on Neg battery terminal connect to black post on alternator?

I assume so, but just wanted to check!

9bbd03d2ec4a429b2d08a08aa7b38b33.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That terminal connects to the bottom screw on the voltage regulator (on the fender apron) and the end connects to a bolt on the block.

Gotcha. What goes on that black terminal on alternator then?

b50aca056f39485c4af688429fe177ea.jpg

This was my pic prior to disassembly, doesn’t look like anything was on Black terminal...

By any chance, do you have a picture of the other end of the connector for the alternator, that goes into the harness?

I don’t. I left that all attached and wrapped it back and covered for painting front part of engine bay. I can get a pic of you need one?

If it isn't too much trouble, yes I could use some shots of the entire harness, on both ends where possible...My harness is crap, at best..

No worries man. I already have it put back together, but I am happy to shoot some pics when I head out to the shop later this week!

Back