Used 460 Stroker kit opinions??

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1, Q code 351CJ, 4 speed.
Would you guys recommend taking a chance on this stroker kit?  I have not looked at it yet but plan to this weekend.  He seems motivated to sale so I thought a starting offer of between $200 and $250 then settle for $300 if possible.  I know the crank has to be turned.  I would have the rods resized and fitted with ARP bolts.  Opinions\advice?

Used 460 kit

Thanks

Wade

Would you guys recommend taking a chance on this stroker kit?  I have not looked at it yet but plan to this weekend.  He seems motivated to sale so I thought a starting offer of between $200 and $250 then settle for $300 if possible.  I know the crank has to be turned.  I would have the rods resized and fitted with ARP bolts.  Opinions\advice?

Used 460 kit

Thanks

Wade
Its a crap shoot until your machine shop can inspect the parts. If everything is in good shape and you can be all in after machining for $700-$800 bucks its a good deal. Caveat Emptor.

Also, assuming you intend a pump gas build you need to determine what dish and compression height of the piston is to make sure it will net a compatible compression ratio.

Used 460 kit

Thanks

Wade
Its a crap shoot until your machine shop can inspect the parts. If everything is in good shape and you can be all in after machining for $700-$800 bucks its a good deal. Caveat Emptor.

Also, assuming you intend a pump gas build you need to determine what dish and compression height of the piston is to make sure it will net a compatible compression ratio.
Bear in mind that new BBF stroker kits can be had pretty reasonably and you can custom tailor most kits in regards to compression ratio, based on your heads/bore and stroke. Machine work is getting somewhat pricey these days, so turning a crank, reconditioning a set of rods and installing new bolts may not make a economic sense anymore.

Back