Top is finally finished...

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good! How does the weather stripping fit? That's always been a bear for me to get things aligned and sealed up they way it's supposed to.

Looking good!   How does the weather stripping fit?   That's always been a bear for me to get things aligned and sealed up they way it's supposed to.
The car is still at the shop, comes home Tuesday. I will have some final window/seal adjustments to complete at that time. Nothing major based on my initial observations after the new top. 

The lesson learned here is the $700 I wasted buying a new top online 2 years ago and then finding out that it did not fit and is now garbage... at the end of the day, the top my shop brought in is much better quality...

Ken,

Unfortunately, we all have those moments of thinking we are doing the right thing and then realize it later that it wasn't what we expected !!!

Keep moving forward and don't look back, you are almost there !!!

Thanks, Jay

Ken,

Unfortunately, we all have those moments of thinking we are doing the right thing and then realize it later that it wasn't what we expected !!!

Keep moving forward and don't look back, you are almost there !!!

Thanks, Jay
True..., but after all these years and making these mistakes in the past, this one bites a little bit more because of the $$$ value. I'm over it. Thx.

are you going to change your name to pastel white?
Pastel Blue White Black... nah. For this site we will leave it as is...

Last edited:
Almost looks too good.  They didn't get them fit that well from the factory.  I think it was worth the wait for sure.
That's what we pay good money for, a professional job. This car will not be finished to that of the average convertible leaving the assembly line back in the day, because in reality, very people today really know what the fit and finish was at the time of production. I take the approach that this restoration is being built by a bunch of happy Ford workers who just got a nice fat raise with extra vacation time upcoming...

Back