grand american mustangs?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
2015 gt 50th anniversary package. Previous 1970 sportsroof and 88 lx 5.0 hatch
Recently purchased model of 1973 3-1 kit. It shows a pic of a 1973 Grand American mustang. My research so far shows no such ting. Only reference was to Warren snopes. Even looked in my Dust and Glory book still naught. Suggestions PUHLEASE !!!!! :p  If I knew how to do attatchments photos etc believe me I would :huh:

Recently purchased model of 1973 3-1 kit. It shows a pic of a 1973 Grand American mustang. My research so far shows no such ting. Only reference was to Warren snopes. Even looked in my Dust and Glory book still naught. Suggestions PUHLEASE !!!!! :p  If I knew how to do attatchments photos etc believe me I would :huh:
https://www.google.com/search?biw=1043&bih=507&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=2w07Wo2JGMbXjwSc4q2wCg&q=warren+toupe++mustang&oq=warren+toupe++mustang&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0i13k1.18027.18027.0.18572.1.1.0.0.0.0.125.125.0j1.1.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.1.123....0.tnBxRLfQdFc

I viewed these pix on google images and you will see one that is a pic of a model box with a brown 73 on box. Side panel shows image of supposed Grand American #15 in sorta brown color. Anyone seen or heard of such one? RON

i mixed Tope with old snopes team which really did not exist. Good old car and driver. Much thanks for the leads great pix and info

My Dad took my brother and I to Lime rock trans am race's from the late 60's to late 70' s . In 71 Warren Tope was the only guy that could hang with Mark Donohue in the wicked sounding factory javelin. I was a young kid but remember him cutting strait through the grass on the s turns to pass the dastardly #6. javelin .Good stuff! I think I'll call my brother and see if he still has the slides of that race. Good memories

My Dad took my brother and I to Lime rock trans am race's from the late 60's to late 70' s . In 71 Warren Tope was the only guy that could hang with Mark Donohue in the wicked sounding factory javelin. I was a young kid but remember him cutting strait through the grass on the s turns to pass the dastardly #6. javelin .Good stuff! I think I'll call my brother and see if he still has the slides of that race. Good memories
Mark was very nice to "young kids"!!  I too was taken by a team owner when young (and hence my life today with

Old racecars 40 years latter)

mark

almost finished with 73 kit. Will post pix to add to confusion. Next is 71 Boss 351 kit with 4 or 5 engine choices including 428cj. Will also post pix from newly acquired 9-70 Motor Trend with cover photo of 71 Mach 1 and much info. What I really want to know(sounds like Lenny Kravitz) IS THE E-MAIL address so I can post photos attachments etc. No scarfing please as I am tech naught (as in 0) thak you Ron

Not sure if you are still interested after all this time, but yes, there is such athing as a NASCAR Grand American mustang. Wayne Andrews won the 1972 championship in a Mustang. Never heard of Warren Snopes. I do know Warren Tope, who drove a big body Mustang in TransAm and IMSA.

Back