timing pointer

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 MACH 1
2019 F150
I'm wonder if I have the correct timing pointer on my cleveland, because the one I purchased looks the the same one listed for 302 and 351W engines. There is not one listed or shown for 351C engines. This could be my timing issue if the pointers wrong.

Alan L

I'm wonder if I have the correct timing pointer on my cleveland, because the one I purchased looks the the same one listed for 302 and 351W engines. There is not one listed or shown for 351C engines. This could be my timing issue if the pointers wrong.

Alan L
What are your timing issues? Can't get my timimg below 10 degrees advance

or it backfires through the carb. '71 351C 4V and it makes no sense.

mike

Alan L
What are your timing issues? Can't get my timimg below 10 degrees advance

or it backfires through the carb. '71 351C 4V and it makes no sense.

mike
Clevelands like a lot of initial timing. Don't go by what any Chilton, factory manual or underhood sticker says. Set your initial timing to best manifold vacuum. See if it pings under load and/or become too hard to start and if it does, back off the timing a little. If you find you have 18 or so degrees of initial advance you will want to check your total advance, I think 38 degrees or so is the most you want to end up with. (Someone correct me if I am wrong)

Back