rear crossmember for trunk

I am beginning to collect parts, got a new trunk pan, pan side panels, tail light panel and the bumper brackets. Now I have to pick up a new rear crossmember but cannot find one that says its for a 1973 mach 1.  Any suggestions? It's the one that goes right across the tail between the two frame rails that lines up with the tail light panel. Thanks for any assistance.

Tom

I am beginning to collect parts, got a new trunk pan, pan side panels, tail light panel and the bumper brackets. Now I have to pick up a new rear crossmember but cannot find one that says its for a 1973 mach 1.  Any suggestions? It's the one that goes right across the tail between the two frame rails that lines up with the tail light panel. Thanks for any assistance.

Tom

Tom,

I have a 73 Q Code Fastback and bought my rear X-member from NPD...fit perfectly and I even bought new fuel tank straps....see link below for the following:

National Parts Depot #010780-2A  cost is $109.95 and is a normal stock item.

https://www.npdlink.com/store/products/mustang_rear_floor_crossmember_repro_exact_fit-146898-484.html

Best,

Anthony

Looks like the part linked is different, Maybe I am calling it the wrong name. Here is a pic of the area that I will need, it connects both rear frame rails at the rear tail panel. And yea, its a mess there but I am sure that it can all be replaced.

Thanks again for any help.

Tom

20171224_123520.jpg

yours is messed up pretty bad you will also need a filler panel that screws to the taillight panel.That part is not reproduced so a used one is the only option.

yep tbat's it

Great, thanks for the quick reply. 

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there ouch that looks like it hurt. I would check to see how square your frame rails are. Use a to tape to X it out. Measure from one corner to the other vise versa opposite side. try to get as much square and level as possible before cutting out the damaged area. Also would be a good idea to brace up the back once everything is square and level. if you have a parts car take dims off of that to compare good luck

238180987_xpattern.jpg.3e3a51b0badaf9109f23e5427b8112ef.jpg