Boss 351

PAWLEE

I like #3, ties it in with the 70's model.

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

• 3 weeks later...

I like #3 a lot, however the original design is pretty cool. The thing I would have done differently is that, instead of the amber lamps in the grille being just decorative, I would have had them be operable amber driving lights, maybe with a separate switch to operate like the fog lamp switch on earlier cars.

"Often thought Ford should have gone with a more aggressive front grille design...."

-I wanted something more mean looking too, which is why I changed my front end to look like this.  I've always liked the '73 grill, so I adapted one to my '71 and made my version of a "cobra" grill.  I used thin gauge metal to block off the inner lamps, then covered them in a silver carbon fiber.  I left the trim off the grill to give a blacked-out look, then capped it off with LED headlamps.  Much more aggressive than OEM I think ;)

LED5.jpg

1971 Coupe - 306ci (circa 1971) - 10:1/750 Holley/RPM Air Gap/Lunati camshaft (221/231@.050)/Comp roller rockerarms/Ford Racing pulleys/Ported cylinder heads/MSD ignition/Patriot Ceramic LT headers/Single Chambers/Carter fuel pump/NOS Sniper/9" diff./4.57 gears/B&M Holeshot convertor/B&M Shiftkit/B&M Z-Gate/CE subframe connectors/Jegs Sport Star rims/Lakewood traction bars/Fiberglass Ram Air hood/Electric fan/Rear seat delete/Relocated battery/Custom graphics

1972 Mach 1 - Ford 400ci/C6 trans/Quick Fuel 750 carb/Weiand Intake/Harland Sharp rockers/Performance cam/Patriot headers/CVF racing underdrive pulleys/Carter Fuel pump/Jegs Sport Star rims/4.11 gears/Spool/Traction bars/Accel distributor and ignition/Miloden 8-quart/Jones Full Boar exhaust/Hurst Pro-matic 2 shifter