2 spoke steering wheel

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ford technical drawings show the exploded view which breaks down individual pieces. including part numbers.

Someone on here has their parts books handy and can post one up. (THANKS).

Also google installing 1971 Mustang steering wheel. There are a few videos available.

Ray

What exactly are you trying to put together? It's been awhile since I had mine off and apart, but don't remember there being that many pieces. A couple screws from the back held the rim blow pad on, and then the nut in the center held the wheel to the column. I also remember a couple wires with fast-ons for the horn and that if you shirt them it blows out the fuse which takes out more than the horn, but I forget what else. After that I learned to take the fuse out before removing the wheel.

Last edited by a moderator:
What exactly are you trying to put together? It's been awhile since I had mine off and apart, but don't remember there being that many pieces.  A couple screws from the back held the rim blow pad on, and then the nut in the center held the wheel to  the column. I also remember a couple wires with fast-ons for the horn and that if you shirt them it blows out the fuse which takes out more than the horn, but I forget what else.  After that I learned to take the fuse out before removing the wheel.
To prevent the horn shorting while removing the wheel, simply disconnect the battery.

The emblem snaps in. Don't take it out unless you plan to change it! it comes out as one piece when you remove the center spoke. you only have to unscrew to screws on the back, unplug the horn wires and thats it!

If you plan on taking out the whole steering wheel from the column you will need a steering wheel puller. before removing mark its position between the steering wheel and the column spline so it will be align when you put it back together.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back