Beware Chinese oxy/acet tanks!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 Base 6 cylinder, and 72 Base 351C
I just got a new small portable torch set. I took the new tanks to Purity to have them filled, the guy looked them over to see what brand or where they came from. These were in a Lincoln set, so I was good. He said people buy the cheap sets, and bring in the Chinese tanks, and they won't fill them. Too many issues and not safe! Never heard this before, thought I would put that out there for anyone thinking of getting some tanks, make sure they aren't cheapies that you may have a hard time getting filled!! Earl

I know a lot of the welding supply shops around here wont fill the bottles unless its one of their own for liability reasons. I bought all my tanks from my local shop and buy all my supplies from them. They don't even fill my bottles, just swap them out for a full one. This way I never have to worry about the inspection dates on them going bad and having to get the bottles recertified. Just a nice piece of mind.

Yep, I just exchanged them for full ones. They said they could fill my new ones if I really wanted the shiny pretty ones, but they usually just exchange. I said I didn't care about shiny, lol, and just took the exchanged ones. Kinda a neat little set, I think it will be handy around the garage if I need to make a quick cut or a little heat to persuade a bolt. Might also take it to the racetrack, never know when it might come in handy. Has a little holder for everything, so just grab and go!

I have a set just like that. And a full size set. Just be warned, the oxygen goes FAST on the little set!!!! Get a nice small tip and run as low an oxygen pressure as you can to make it last.

My response,

There are a lot of cheap, dodgy things that come from China. I recently have been a victim of USA parts that were part made in China regards my engine rebuild.

The sad thing is that China wants to end up ruling the world - Countries like America/ Australia/ Canada / England etc, are, and will be, the victims as we are giving our countries away to them.

Greg. :mad:

My response,

There are a lot of cheap, dodgy things that come from China. I recently have been a victim of USA parts that were part made in China regards my engine rebuild.

The sad thing is that China wants to end up ruling the world - Countries like America/ Australia/ Canada / England etc, are, and will be, the victims as we are giving our countries away to them.

We are NOT giving... they are taking  :mad:

My response,

Junior Trudeau is giving Canada away... and we don't like it.

My response,

Junior Trudeau is giving Canada away... and we don't like it.
 You got THAT right!!

Back