Hello from San Jose

Trophyfish

Hello all,

Picked up my first classic this past Thanksgiving, a 1971 M code convertible which has spent its entire life in the Bay Area (Fresno, Santa Cruz, San Jose). Will restore to the best of my ability to stock appearance with some suspension and engine improvements. A well taken care of vehicle. Had an eight track ( no more), has a honeycomb tail light panel, aftermarket Eagle rims (from San Jose), and aftermarket console gauges, otherwise fairly straight.  Have already picked up the eight track on eBay. 

I'll have some questions along the way, like should I re-install and reconnect the AC? (Not for now I presume).  

Thanks and here's some pics....

TrophyFish

IMG_3827_LI_2.jpg

IMG_3831.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello from Heidelberg in Germany...

Very nice Convertible.

Has this ´Stang a white Top ?

Yes. It has  a white Power Top w/Glass Backlite. Can't be original as it is too pristine.

Thanks.

Welcome from Amsterdam, The Netherlands and congratulations on your very nice convertible! I have to get used to those wheels, they look very 80's to me haha.

Enjoy your car and your time on this forum :-)

Welcome from Iowa! Sweet ride.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Welcome from Virginia! Plenty of great info here.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Welcome from Amsterdam, The Netherlands and congratulations on your very nice convertible! I have to get used to those wheels, they look very 80's to me haha.

Enjoy your car and your time on this forum :-)

Hard to imagine these were an aftermarket UPGRADE to Magnum 500's. :D 

It also has a Grant steering wheel from the same era.  ::thumb::

I was seeking a local M-code convertible so you get what you get.

Welcome! That is a great looking ride! You will like it here, lots of friendly people and amazing information.

As a fellow convertible owner let me suggest you look into getting some subframe connectors. Do a search to see why.

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

i am new i have 2 71 mach that my son was supposed to restore, he became ill, now in school, i am disabled need to sell them

Welcome!  That is a great looking ride!   You will like it here, lots of friendly people and amazing information.

As a fellow convertible owner let me suggest you look into getting some subframe connectors.  Do a search to see why.

Thanks for the advice. I was already looking at the Golden West convert version as well as other shock tower/monte carlo bar for further rigidity. Not a welder so Iguess I'll have to take them to the local speed/muffler shop for some installation assistance.

Thanks for the advice.

Todd

Welcome from Denmark Northern part of Europe [emoji6][emoji106] Regards Lars DK73

Sendt fra min F8331 med Tapatalk

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73:whistling: