Hello from San Jose

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome!  That is a great looking ride!  You will like it here, lots of friendly people and amazing information.

As a fellow convertible owner let me suggest you look into getting some subframe connectors.  Do a search to see why.

Hi Will E.

I took your advice and had some Golden west subframes put in a about a year ago. I had put in a new front steering, tie rods, control arms etc and still felt float and flex. Since the new subframes so much improved handling. Thanks for the suggestion. Since buying in Fall of 2017, I have replaced tires, front end, fuel pump, radiator, heater core, leaf springs, shocks, mufflers (wanted a little more rumble), sub frames, and deep cycle battery (why not). Replaced a lot of gaskets originally as the car sat idle for about 5 years

You upgraded your headers and I am torn torn between headers (performance), rims (appearance), or air condition re-install (return to stock). I think what would give me the biggest smile would be headers and interested on your satisfaction with your hooker headers.

Thanks

Welcome!  That is a great looking ride!  You will like it here, lots of friendly people and amazing information.

As a fellow convertible owner let me suggest you look into getting some subframe connectors.  Do a search to see why.

Hi Will E.

I took your advice and had some Golden west subframes put in a about a year ago. I had put in a new front steering, tie rods, control arms etc and still felt float and flex. Since the new subframes so much improved handling. Thanks for the suggestion. Since buying in Fall of 2017, I have replaced tires, front end, fuel pump, radiator, heater core, leaf springs, shocks, mufflers (wanted a little more rumble), sub frames, and deep cycle battery (why not). Replaced a lot of gaskets originally as the car sat idle for about 5 years

You upgraded your headers and I am torn torn between headers (performance), rims (appearance), or air condition re-install (return to stock). I think what would give me the biggest smile would be headers and interested on your satisfaction with your hooker headers.

Thanks

Welcome from Tampa, love the color  :cool: Gatorman2.jpg