New Wheels American Racing

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
2010 Ford F150 Screw
2010 Buick Lacrosse
2002 Triumph Trophy
1972 Mustang Grande
1954 Ford F100
Hey Guys. Long time no see. I am considering on moving my 16" wheels over to my 68 cougar and going with a new set of American Racing 17x8 5x114.3 wheels. I was wondering if these will fit fine on our car with a 4.5" back spacing. I know many of you have gone to 17" and it looks good. Should I stay or should I go.  With the new wheels that is.

Nice rims.

I looked at hundreds of rims and the problem I had was finding a rim I liked available in the different sizes I wanted.

I wanted to run a bigger wider rim out back than in front.

It cut down on the choices immensely.

Ended up running a 17x7 front and 18x8 out back with 0 offset. Fit the car great and achieved the look and stance I was after.

73-1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice rims.

I looked at hundreds of rims and the problem I had was finding a rim I liked available in the different sizes I wanted.

I wanted to run a bigger wider rim out back than in front.

It cut down on the choices immensely.

Ended up running a 17x7 front and 18x8 out back with 0 offset. Fit the car great and achieved the look and stance I was after.
That looks great. I already lowered the front end and put new springs on the back and front. It has a very nice profile now. I just wanted to fill the wheel wells with a bit more meat.  Thanks

If needed I can post my tire sizes, didn't have them handy at the time I posted earlier.

@fordication

Was browsing this thread again, and this time looked at the higher res version of the pict.

What I took from a light fx in the low res, turned out be a nice chrome line from fender to door...

Never seen this on a Grande in real life, could you please take/send some details picts of this trim?

Looks very nice!

Back