New Member NE Ohio

rotorr22

I'm new to the forum, but not to 71/73 Mustangs. I'm 61 years old and owned both a Boss 302 and Boss 351 car in the 70's in addition to a 73 Mach 1. Unfortunately, all were sold almost 40 years ago, I miss the Boss 351 the most and would like to duplicate it in a tribute car. I also have a Maverick Grabber and a 86 Thunderbird Elan. Both are fully restored and modified.

I'm almost going into cardiac arrest at the prices of these cars today, good if you own one, bad if you don't. I've owned a lot of Mustangs, but there was just something special about the 71/73. I have pretty bad arthritis now, so I have to buy a nicer car vs. a project.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

::welcome:: from Germany!

A healthy Q- or M-code, slightly tuned up, with a 4-speed and a 3.50 gear, would be a good and (still) affordable alternative... ::thumb::

Tim

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :runninpony:

Hello and Welcome from the Peoples Republic of California.

Don't forget to go to the "Fun Stuff" at the upper right of the page, then member map to mark your location.

Again, welcome.

Bru

Howdy from Phoenix (and a long time owner of a Mustang). I was fortunate enough to be able to keep mine for over 30 years. Like you, older age is making it harder to work on them. Laying on my back under the car is harder than it used to be!

I hope you find a nice car! You have found a great spot for support, encouragement and information.

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Welcome from Iowa!!

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

I'm new to the forum, but not to 71/73 Mustangs. I'm 61 years old and owned both a Boss 302 and Boss 351 car in the 70's in addition to a 73 Mach 1. Unfortunately, all were sold almost 40 years ago, I miss the Boss 351 the most and would like to duplicate it in a tribute car. I also have a Maverick Grabber and a 86 Thunderbird Elan. Both are fully restored and modified.

I'm almost going into cardiac arrest at the prices of these cars today, good if you own one, bad if you don't. I've owned a lot of Mustangs, but there was just something special about the 71/73. I have pretty bad arthritis now, so I have to buy a nicer car vs. a project.

Welcome aboard!  Where are you at in NE Ohio?  I'm in Canfield if your in the neighbor hood, your welcome to stop!

Welcome from SW Ontario.

Oh, if we'd only kept the cars we "once had" instead of selling them for "peanuts". I'm on my 4th Mach 1 and should have kept the last two, the 72 Q code 4 speed for sure.

I currently own a 71 M code Mach 1.

Geoff.

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

Hello from Mississippi. You'll find that a lot of us are starting to get into "That" age group! I was once told that I could see an ant crossing the road 50 yards away. Now I can't see under the dash when on my back trying to repair something! Lol      I've also owned many previous first generation Mustangs, but feel that the 71-73 are the best since they are a accumulation of the best of the 65-73 Mustangs. Welcome to your new Mustang home.

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

[there was just something special about the 71/73]

We could not agree more :)

Welcome from the Netherlands!

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

Welcome rotorr22 from Southwestern Indiana.

Welcome aboard!  Where are you at in NE Ohio?  I'm in Canfield if your in the neighbor hood, your welcome to stop!

I'm practically next door in Columbiana.