• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Black Passenger Side Delux Door Panel

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rotorr22

Reaction score
My Car
No 71/73 yet. Previously owned a 71 Boss 351 and a 73 Mach 1
I am in need of a passenger side deluxe door panel (black) for a 72 Mach 1.

Thanks, he is about an hour and a half away from me. I was checking the used market first.

just got a new set through Don, high quality, as weighty if not a little more so than the factory original. Used panels are gonna be worn, that's just the nature of what they are, a good quality new part on the door gives that impression of a lot of resto work.

rotorr22, since the newest used door panel (1973) would now be 45 years old, finding one nice enough to use is getting more difficult by the day. I would still contact Don @ Ohio Mustang Supply or Mike @ Motor City Mustang. They are forum members/Vendors here and have parts cars so they may have some used panels to suit  your needs. If none are available you could always check back with Don on those nice looking new panels! :)

rotorr22, since the newest used door panel (1973) would now be 45 years old, finding one nice enough to use is getting more difficult by the day. I would still contact Don @ Ohio Mustang Supply or Mike @ Motor City Mustang. They are forum members/Vendors here and have parts cars so they may have some used panels to suit  your needs. If none are available you could always check back with Don on those nice looking new panels! :)
You are probably correct. I'm probably money ahead buying the pair of re-pops and selling my OEM drivers panel. 

When I restored my 74 Maverick, I was really disappointed with the quality of the reproduction stuff. Perhaps quality is better with the Mustang parts?

You are probably correct. I'm probably money ahead buying the pair of re-pops and selling my OEM drivers panel. 

When I restored my 74 Maverick, I was really disappointed with the quality of the reproduction stuff. Perhaps quality is better with the Mustang parts?
The newer reproduction panels are better than when they first came out.  You could also call Gene Painter in Atlanta as he rebuilds the original door panels.  The reproduction ones would give  you a matching pair so you wouldn't see the difference, and Don at OMS has the best prices.

The newer reproduction panels are better than when they first came out.  You could also call Gene Painter in Atlanta as he rebuilds the original door panels.  The reproduction ones would give  you a matching pair so you wouldn't see the difference, and Don at OMS has the best prices.
I had some panels made for my Maverick by a shop in Struthers, Ohio that turned out fantastic. I may go this direction. One of the issues I have run into with 1970's vinyls is that they become brittle with age.

I might go up to Avon and check out some re-pops before I do anything.

I had some panels made for my Maverick by a shop in Struthers, Ohio that turned out fantastic. I may go this direction. One of the issues I have run into with 1970's vinyls is that they become brittle with age.

I might go up to Avon and check out some re-pops before I do anything.
I found a cherry oem passenger panel. I am now in need of the drivers side (any color) deluxe panel.

Back