Peformer LB 351 4V intake on 2V Heads

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylorg

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible 351 Cleveland 2V Automatic
Hello everyone.

I was wondering if someone could tell me if the Edelbrock Peformer LB 351 4V intake would work on 2V Heads? I know they make a 2v version but I've found a used intake in good shape but it's the 4v version. I looked on Edlebrocks site and couldn't find a good yes or no answer.

If it would work what would I be losing by not buying the 2v version?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

Taylor

I have a 2v version that I will not be using if you want it. Make me an offer :D

bad idea the ports are Huge on the V4 it will cause a restriction going into the V2 and disrupt the fuel/air mixture.

The 4v performer intake ports are about the same size as the 2v heads and a good bit smaller than a 4v head. Get a gasket and put it up to the intake and see how they fit. I had a 4v performer intake that I wanted to put on a 2v motor, but I was going to port the heads to fit. I built a 2v aussie headed motor for a dirt track racer and we used a 4v torker intake and put moroso a&b epoxy in the ports, worked good and easy to use.

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
The 4v performer intake ports are about the same size as the 2v heads and a good bit smaller than a 4v head. Get a gasket and put it up to the intake and see how they fit. I had a 4v performer intake that I wanted to put on a 2v motor, but I was going to port the heads to fit.

Andy
:goodpost:

It should bolt on but the problem you will have is the change in port size is going to cause some weird turbulence issues.

You would be better off going with a 2v version of the manifold (or get some 4v cc heads and some headers and call it good...;) ). That's how you can turn a good deal into an expensive upgrade...

It should bolt on but the problem you will have is the change in port size is going to cause some weird turbulence issues.

You would be better off going with a 2v version of the manifold (or get some 4v cc heads and some headers and call it good...;) ). That's how you can turn a good deal into an expensive upgrade...
hahahaha X2

Thanks everyone for the replies. I kind of figured it wouldnt work but thought I would ask. However it sounds like downwardspiral might make me a deal...

Thanks again.

Taylor

Back