MPH OR KPH

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nige

Reaction score
My Car
1973 mach 1

Hi All

can someone please tell me if it is MPH or KPH in american and on the mustang speedo fill a bit silly asking this question.

Thanks Nige

If your Mustang was an export model (like mine) it may have a KPH speedo. In that case the numbers go to 220. (If I remember correctly)

Mine goes to 220 kmh with trip meter

Ha ha...

hab ja auch ne 2.75 HA übersetzung, kann ihn also voll ausnutzen ;) !

Wie läuft Deine Resto?

VLG

Juergen

You are right :D 

I can use the whole bandwith too but with a 3.50 gear in the rear my RPMs are not as German-Autobahn-friendly as yours for our engines... :p

My resto has restarted a few weeks before and is moving good along. On monday I took a lot of small parts to a professional paint stripper for stripping and prime them and some to paint. At the moment I have stripped almost all parts and prepped them for primer by myself. Only the drivers door need some metal works all other is done. After sanding the body with 240 grit and some other small things I will begin with primer and filler, then blocking and giving it all for final paint to a professional.

Tim, that sounds good. it's moving forward. I'm already looking forward to the result, Especially on the color combination

Thank you very much, Juergen - me too ::thumb:: 

I will keep you all up to dated!

You are driving and enjoying or do you have some small projects? We could also talk per pm to not overtaken this thread... ;)
Hi Tim and Juergen

I have a 72 Mach 1 Q Code 4 speed in the US that I plan to import to Germany when I finally return there.  It is good condition and hopefully will not encounter any TUV issues - any tips from you would be much appreciated.  The body is very solid with no rust and all mechanicals are good.  I am just replacing all the seat belt webbing at the moment.  I am planning to take out the 4 speed (which I'll keep) before I ship and replace with the Tremec 5 speed which is a bolt in conversion with no cutting needed - and which will make it more autobahn friendly.  

I would love to be able to track down a correct KMH speedometer so if you ever hear of one anywhere let me know please.

When I do return to Germany I'll be sure to let you know.

Cheers

Nigel

CIMG1275.JPG

Back