Trying to MAKE IT WORK!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang sportsroof
1970 Mustang Hardtop
1972 Mercedes Benz 350 SLC European Version
1950 Ford Custom coupé
Hi guys!! i was checking on ebay here and a pic reminded me that i still have the wiring from the Front Seatbelt Retractors laying in a box...

I "stole" this pic from the ebay seller just to show you guys what i´m talking about...

cinturón de seguridad.jpg

As you can see... there´s a small harness of wires that come off the retractors... I have them but not connected neither to the retractors nor to the car...

What i must know from the start is where to connect them in the main wiring, as i dont remember leaving obvious wiring plugs unconected under the dash...

Also it would be nice to know what this things do! :p are they the wirings that goes to the buzzer?? or maybe to the "fasten seatbelt" red sign on the passenger side of the dash?

Well... just for you to know, i have a lot of things that are not working, similar than this... The dome light cable is loose at the dash because i didn´t know where to put it, as are the door plastic pins that turn on and off the dome light... I have no horn and the radio is not connected because someone kill the plugs in the main wiring... so... I HAVE A LOT TO FIND OUT! :)

Any thoughts??? :) Thanks!!

Damian, those wires are for the seat belt warning light and buzzer. Sounds like you need to get a copy of the drawings for the wiring for your 72. I beleive you can get those from any of the suppliers. Do you have a set of shop manuals?

Damian, those wires are for the seat belt warning light and buzzer. Sounds like you need to get a copy of the drawings for the wiring for your 72. I beleive you can get those from any of the suppliers. Do you have a set of shop manuals?
How are you??? you know.. i have the shop manuals but i didnt find that part... Steve on the other hand, sent me a very complete wiring diagram that i´m gonna check this weekend to see if i have everything in order there...

So, just have to get some hours to spend scratching my head this weekend :p

Thanks for posting!!

is there a timer for the warning lights and buzzer, or does it remain on until the belts are buckled?

is there a timer for the warning lights and buzzer, or does it remain on until the belts are buckled?
I dont know.. never worked in my car... Actually my car came in boxes and i put everything together as i could... i was trying to make it drivable at that time, thinking some day i´ll learn the other things that i couldn´t figure out right then..

I think if the harness goes into the seatbelt, then there´s no timmer and yes, it should stop when the seatbelt is plugged (not so comfortable actually)

But lets hear what the other guys have to say :)

buzzer doesnt work in my 73 either..but it did on are old blue mach 1....it seemed too have a sensor in the seat too...and not just when you buckled it...so it could tell if anyone was sitting in the passanger seat...or the thing would be going off all the time with out it..lol...sooooo i think there is a sensor under your seat too and maybe a timer.....cause if you lifted you butt off the passanger seat..it would stop..and if you waited like that with your arse off the seat as you was pulling off..it would go off and never come back on till you restarted...back in the day you was pissed off to put on your seat belt..lol...i know my seat on my red mach has plugs under it going to the bottom of the seat....i think its the weight sensor..must ground out when you sit in it and make a circuit too the buzzer too.

mine has one under my drivers seat too....im moving her around in the garage next weekend..ill take a picture of it....unless its auto seat release? but my marti report didnt not show it as a option ordered....and i know for a fact...{cause i had to do it ...couldnt stand seatbelts back then}..if you lifted your butt long anuff..buzzer would stop and not come back on..lol...anyone with a working one too test it?:) lol

p.s...the one under the drivers seat has a plug coming out of the floor too..so i know its not just a passanger seat stuck in its place..some one unhooked it way before i got it.

Last edited by a moderator:
aww yours still work!! when you move it again...can you see if it has a timer? by lifting up while its runing and sitting back down after a min ? not saying all had timers...but i think are blue one did...cause my dad would say..just lift up for a min and it will go off and not come back on...and it sure would..lol..and if you didnt wait long anuff...soon as you put your butt back down it would go off again..lol...makes me think it had a timer of some kind....and i wouldnt mind tring to get mine too work again too.

Well well! I was reading and... Should i look for a kinda sensor in the boxes??!! Grrrr! Have no idea of all the parts needed to make this anoying noise work again!!

Is it possible someone has this system off the car to take some pics abd explain what goes into what?!

Thanks!! :)

buzzer doesnt work in my 73 either..but it did on are old blue mach 1....it seemed too have a sensor in the seat too...and not just when you buckled it...so it could tell if anyone was sitting in the passanger seat...or the thing would be going off all the time with out it..lol...sooooo i think there is a sensor under your seat too and maybe a timer.....cause if you lifted you butt off the passanger seat..it would stop..and if you waited like that with your arse off the seat as you was pulling off..it would go off and never come back on till you restarted...back in the day you was pissed off to put on your seat belt..lol...i know my seat on my red mach has plugs under it going to the bottom of the seat....i think its the weight sensor..must ground out when you sit in it and make a circuit too the buzzer too.
I recently took out a seat from my 72 donor car and it also had wires that connected under the seat. I always thought it was for warming up your tush on cold winter days LOL!

Damian, I'll try to find the strips that I pulled from the seats and post a photo of it. Sensors make more sense :p Tushy warmers rofl

Well well! I was reading and... Should i look for a kinda sensor in the boxes??!! Grrrr! Have no idea of all the parts needed to make this anoying noise work again!!

Is it possible someone has this system off the car to take some pics abd explain what goes into what?!

Thanks!! :)
Hey Damian,

I'm 90% sure this is the part you're looking for. Sorry can't 100% confirm but here you go bud and hope this helps. I believe this was pulled from the passenger side with 2 purple wires with hash marks. Pics are of different angles and writings on them.

9uqa9z.jpg

2ege70n.jpg

2s5xw10.jpg

Simply clips onto wire frame of seat and not with, but across buttux :blush: Tushy warmers . Still cracks me up!

35cmo1y.jpg

awygl1.jpg

Only writings found on sensor/switch and could not find a part number

ncz6vs.jpg

Let me know if you need anymore pics or information.

Aloha,

DJ

Last edited by a moderator:
well... i definitely dont have that part :( the problem is obvious.. my car has NOT his original seats because in 2002 the car was stoled and when the police found it, seats were gone... and with that, this little piece...

You know... i´ve been close to what´s now is my car for all my life :) this mustang spent all his life just 1 block from my parents house where i grew up and, the past owner is a chilhood friend of my mother... I remember the buzz working some years ago!! :)

I even remember my worry when i found out the car was stolen back in 2002 and i also remember offering my help to the guy when the police found the car all trashed... The guy as most of you know is now almost 60 years old and without a penny in his poquet, however he managed to find most of the parts that had been stolen or bloken in the robbery with a brother he has in the US... that is why i have matching seats, all the dash plastics NOS and plenty of spare parts like glass for example...

Anyway... some of this cool features doesn´t work because of that robbery this poor car had to suffer... you should see it before that!... It was PERFECT in most of the important ways... Well... this cool buzz is lost :( I may have to try to learn how does it work and maybe some day, Don from OMS can help me finding what im missing!...

DJ... thank´s very much for the pics!! :) they are a lot informative! :) We keep in touch!

Back