chrome bumper over riders

Nige

I am guessing you are referring to the chrome bumper guards? If so front or rear?

73 models all had chrome rear bumper guards. No front guards since all 73s had a urithane bumper.73 rear guards are hard to find and usually need to be rechromed.

71 and 72 cars that came with chrome front bumpers optionally had chrome bumper guards. I don't believe there were any rear bumper guards available for those years. Although the 73 rear guards should fit since all years share the same rear bumper. Fronts are reproduced.

73 rear bumper guards...

Rear3_1.jpg

20170406_151237_1.jpg

1973 H Code Convertible - Medium Copper Metallic - June 8, 1973, Built Ford Marketing Sales Vehicle

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

satellite.png Proud Space Junk Award Winner!

I am guessing you are referring to the chrome bumper guards? If so front or rear?

73 models all had chrome rear bumper guards. No front guards since all 73s had a urithane bumper.73 rear guards are hard to find and usually need to be rechromed.

71 and 72 cars that came with chrome front bumpers optionally had chrome bumper guards. I don't believe there were any rear bumper guards available for those years. Although the 73 rear guards should fit since all years share the same rear bumper. Fronts are reproduced.

73 rear bumper guards...

Rear3_1.jpg

20170406_151237_1.jpg

Thanks for info do you know of any for sale or where to by .Thanks Nige

Nige,

Are you interested in buying rear bumper guards for a 73 mustang? Please clarify what it is you need.

Tha ks

1973 H Code Convertible - Medium Copper Metallic - June 8, 1973, Built Ford Marketing Sales Vehicle

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

Nige,

Are you interested in buying rear bumper guards for a 73 mustang? Please clarify what it is you need.

Tha ks

Hello rackerm

These are what i would like to buy pending price , here are some net pictures.

Thanks Nige

1972_00015_03.jpg

1972_ford_mustang_convertible_3.jpg

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

Thanks rackerm

I have brought them just need the rear now.

Thanks Nige

I have a set of 73 mustang rear guards, but they are a different style than the 71 and 72 models.

You might check and see if the 71 72 Maverick or Pinto rear bumper guards would fit. These cars had similar rear bumpers and the guards look very similar. they may be easier to find.

DSC_0266xsm.jpg

Nige, as rackerm stated, the 73 rear bumper guards will physically fit your bumper but will not match the 71-72 front guards. The 71-72 rear bumper guards D1ZZ-17984-A were available separately or in a kit form (D1ZZ-17984-B) from Ford. The kit contained the guards, pads, mounting hardware and installation sketch. There is a company that sells NOS Ford parts that shows stock on the kit. http://www.greensalescompany.com/  Type D1ZZ-17984-B where it states "Check A Part Number Here". Don't know how proud they might be of this particular part, as like other parts sources with vintage Mustang parts, sometimes they get a Little crazy with their prices. Won't hurt to give them a call as they do show 10 sets of the guard kit. And you can always search for the D1ZZ-17984-A individual guards if their prices hurt your feelings!

Good luck with your project!     :)

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

Nige, as rackerm stated, the 73 rear bumper guards will physically fit your bumper but will not match the 71-72 front guards. The 71-72 rear bumper guards D1ZZ-17984-A were available separately or in a kit form (D1ZZ-17984-B) from Ford. The kit contained the guards, pads, mounting hardware and installation sketch. There is a company that sells NOS Ford parts that shows stock on the kit. http://www.greensalescompany.com/  Type D1ZZ-17984-B where it states "Check A Part Number Here". Don't know how proud they might be of this particular part, as like other parts sources with vintage Mustang parts, sometimes they get a Little crazy with their prices. Won't hurt to give them a call as they do show 10 sets of the guard kit. And you can always search for the D1ZZ-17984-A individual guards if their prices hurt your feelings!

Good luck with your project!     :)

Thanks Steve will give them ago.Nige

Hello All

Chrome bumper over riders are they only on certain years and cars 71 to 73 and are they that hard to find .

Thanks Nige

I have at least one set of the rear ones

PM me your email address for some pictures

Hello All

Chrome bumper over riders are they only on certain years and cars 71 to 73 and are they that hard to find .

Thanks Nige

I have at least one set of the rear ones

PM me your email address for some pictures

PM sent . Nige

• 3 weeks later...

Since you are talking guards. Does anyone have the rubber strip for the front Valance guards? I have a NOS pair of the chrome and only one of the strips. Pic attached. I have never found a picture of a car with them installed 71 model only but was going to put on 72.

David

DSC_2127.jpg

DSC_2128.jpg

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David