Help to name a part

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Grande
When i purchased my Mustang the heater hoses had been severed at the firewall by the previous owner.

I am in the process of reconnecting the heater system. The 2 connections are still there at the firewall. However where the heater pipes join to the engine there is the one nearer the front which is still there. Thats the one thats part of the casting. The other one is missing.

Can anyone tell me the part name and where i can purchase one?

I think he might be referring to the steel tube inserts that are tapped into the block/water pump and which the hoses then make their connection to at either of these points?

I think he might be referring to the steel tube inserts that are tapped into the block/water pump and which the hoses then make their connection to at either of these points?
Yes i am refering to the steel tube insert.

Anyone know where i can get one and more importantly what is it known as

I read that 351C/400 used two different diameters of heater hose 5/8" & 3/4". Most use 5/8" heater hose.

From the TMeyers Website.... http://www.tmeyerinc.com/product-p/wpt1.htm

3 different configurations.

(WPT1) 5/8" heater hose and 5/8" tube size in block

(WPT2) 5/8" heater hose and 3/4" tube size in block

(WPT3) 3/4 heater hose and 3/4" tube size in block.

I believe DOOZ-8555-A .. By-Pass Tube- Is also used to press into backside of water pump 3/4" x 5/8" heater x 1 3/4" long

C5AZ-8555-A Heater Hose Hot Water Outlet (By-Pass) Tube 5/8" x 2" long

DOAZ-8555-A Heater Hose Hot Water Outlet (By-Pass) Tube 3/4" x 1 3/4" long

DOOZ-8555-A .. By-Pass Tube- Presses into backside of water pump 3/4" x 5/8" x 1 3/4" long

Also try Alex's Parts... https://www.alexsparts.com/water-bypass-tube-nipple-sbf-bbf-351c-351-400m-fe-5-8-x-2-1-2/

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to replace mine on a 351 cleveland on the block. I think it’s the smaller one. I ended up using a cold chisel to get it out. Removed it in several pieces.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back