‘73 vert H Code maintenance

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you could use a new EGR spacer plate. The aluminum is starting to wear thru on that one. Go for an OEM steel one as a replacement.

Ken, I know your are trying to stay as close to original as possible. The fix for your situation is a cast iron replacement Ford released to replace the aluminum EGR spacers that were failing. The "Fix" spacer is D7PZ-9A589-P (ID# D7PE-9A589-PA) Motorcraft CM-2645 and was used on all 73-74 351C and 400 engines. I believe there is a forum member that may also have one of the "Fix" EGR plates but will have to let them respond as it may be something they are keeping for their vehicle.     

And by the way, your 73 vert is looking great!!     ::thumb::

Is it me, or did all of Pastel Blue's posts now only say Midlife?

Looks like he has unregistered himself, that's really unfortunate. I just commented that it looks like his EGR spacer plate was wearing thin. I didn't think that would cause such a reaction. I would extend my opologies if I knew how to reach him.

I have no idea what happened here and a simple question as to what he meant by calumets (calipers?) should not have triggered such a radical response. It's obvious to me that he wanted to delete the text in this thread, but couldn't, but he could exchange all of this text with something else. Why "Midlife"? I don't know. I've refurbished his harnesses for him, and we had what I thought was a good relationship.

Sigh...we'll miss him. Best wishes, Pastel Blue!

Not knowing what it meant, I had to look up calumet..... a long-stemmed, ornamented tobacco pipe used by North American Indians on ceremonial occasions, especially in token of peace. Expand. Also called peace pipe. Origin of calumet. French.

Not knowing what it meant, I had to look up  calumet.....  a long-stemmed, ornamented tobacco pipe used by North American Indians on ceremonial occasions, especially in token of peace. Expand. Also called peace pipe. Origin of calumet. French.

Howgh ::thumb::

Back