TMI SEAT FOAM

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Convertible
Hi ALL, I'm sure some of you guys have used the seat foam from TMI for our cars. When I received my seat foam for the front seats the foam looked like off white. After about 3-4 months they have started to yellow. Should I be concerned about that? What are your experiences? I also got new seat covers and they are really a tight fit!

My foam looked yellowish too but it did not affect the function or firmness of the foam. The seat upholstery is a very tight fit. You have to have patience and lots of stretching. Here's a few pics of mine and finished pic. I did it all myself.

Looks real nice John!

25 years ago I installed new seat covers in my car and they looked real nice too. But after so many years I just need to redo them. It wasn't hard to do the first time but this TMI product looks to be real tight! By the way did you replace that paper piping and the very skinny wires attached to it that goes between the foam and the frame? If so, what did you use between foam and frame?

My foam looked yellowish too but it did not affect the function or firmness of the foam. The seat upholstery is a very tight fit. You have to have patience and lots of stretching. Here's a few pics of mine and finished pic. I did it all myself.
Man, that looks great! ::thumb::

I'm restoring the interior on a 72 Mach 1 I just bought. The ditz painted the white interior black :mad:  and it was a bad job at that.

Back