Craigslist - Custom Coupe to Fastback

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
Doing one of my searches on Craigslist and came across this listing out of Denton,TX. The side shot leads you to beleive it is a sportsroof, but look at this back shot. I assume this is a fiberglass body kit of some sort. Anyone else seen something like this before?

custom 72.jpg

Craigslist posting:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/ndf/cto/2393079467.html

Last edited by a moderator:
This reminds me of the 69 charger rear window but more extreme. Looks awesome and I've never seen something like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is pretty wicked looking! I'd love to see more pics...

Yeah, it hard to tell if it is a modified fastback or coupe. Hopefully if someone buys it they realize it isn't factory.

If you squint it kinda looks like a pantera from the back.

Yeah, it hard to tell if it is a modified fastback or coupe. Hopefully if someone buys it they realize it isn't factory.

Either way someone knew what they were doing, it looks insane.

That hump and ribbing on the trunk does make you think rear engine. Honestly though, I thinks my eyes would be hurting from squinting that hard to make that back end into a Pantera.

Looks to me like it started as a FB, and somebody took out the rear window, then fabricated the decklid and new rear window, and finished the inside of the buttresses. Wouldn't be terribly hard to do in either fiberglass or with sheet metal - doesn't look like there are a lot of complex curves there. The desklid decoration is probably a fiberglass hood scoop that's just attached for looks. Definitely something you don't see every day!

Well, it is a fastback (sort of)... and it does have the NACA hood... and it does have a Mach 1 grille. It could very well be a Mach 1. Have to see the VIN to know for sure, I suppose. But at least this guy is a lot closer to being right than the one with the "Coupe d'Mach 1" on eBay. LOL!

Well, it is a fastback (sort of)... and it does have the NACA hood... and it does have a Mach 1 grille. It could very well be a Mach 1. Have to see the VIN to know for sure, I suppose. But at least this guy is a lot closer to being right than the one with the "Coupe d'Mach 1" on eBay. LOL!
Haha, good point. That grande mach coupe thing is a mess.

True that.

Yeah, looks like it started as a fastback to me, as it seems to have the lower roof-line than the coupe would.

I kind of like it; looks a bit like a 69 "Shelby de Mexico"

1969%252520shelby%252520de%252520mexico%252520005.jpg

I like it. Lol, it's riding the line right between FB and coupe.

Back