Cleveland engines

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From everything I have read there's a discrepancy there in that the heads for the boss 302 were actually plucked from the still under development Cleveland engine and modified to fit on the Windsor block, not plucked from the 302 to put on the Cleveland.

From everything I have read there's a discrepancy there in that the heads for the boss 302 were actually plucked from the still under development Cleveland engine and modified to fit on the Windsor block, not plucked from the 302 to put on the Cleveland.
Yeah, but that doesn't read as nice now does it?

Nice article. I thought the 1972 HP ratings were higher and changed in 1973 instead of 1972...
Compression dropped in '72 and some other changes, as well as the change from SAE gross (bare engine) to SAE net (engine with accessories) dropped the ratings.

Kind of cool that Ford and Mopar kept the 60's alive one more year in '71 with the compression ratios and engine output, whereas GM already dropped in '71. It looks really bad when you get to '72 with the net ratings. The nice thing now is that you can go back to any of those smog engines and restore the missing punch, and then some.

Back