Urethane Bumper Replica

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rotorr22

Reaction score
My Car
No 71/73 yet. Previously owned a 71 Boss 351 and a 73 Mach 1
Does anyone make a faux urethane front bumper for a 71/72 in fiberglass or carbon fiber? My 72 Q code fastback came with a chrome bumper and I would like to get the stock appearance back. OEM  urethane bumpers appear non-existent around here.

I'm sure don can give you a 100% answer but I don't believe so, he doesn't have anything but chrome on the website.

I wish someone would make a cast of a good original one and make a fiberglass (or whatever materials they use these days) copy. :(

Does anyone make a faux urethane front bumper for a 71/72 in fiberglass or carbon fiber? My 72 Q code fastback came with a chrome bumper and I would like to get the stock appearance back. OEM  urethane bumpers appear non-existent around here.
No repro that I know of

But the OEM ... they do exist, here is one sneaking around my feet

No repro that I know of

lollerz sneaking around your feet Don. I imagine your store room something like a genies lair, you think about it and poof it appears.

No repro that I know of

lollerz sneaking around your feet Don. I imagine your store room something like a genies lair, you think about it and poof it appears.
Maybe it will sneak its way onto my bumper brackets.

No repro that I know of

No it's more like, I know I have that ... three days and a couple of hours of searching later POOF it appears - dang genie keeps screwing with moving stuff around

230. USD plus shipping and other applicable fees.  Not cheap but it is an option.

Ray
if you were close to me geographically, I would do it.

No repro that I know of

Maybe it will sneak its way onto my bumper brackets.
That can happen , Franklin's take up less room :whistling:

http://usbody.com

You might call these folks and see if they can just mould you a bumper.

They have a full tilt front end.......might be able to get just the bumper.
It would be nice to have an NOS bumper to pull a mold off of. 

This bumper deal reminds me of chasing down a Grabber hood for my Maverick. I'm surprised that no one has introduced a reproduction bumper or better yet, a carbon fiber, lightweight replacement.

This bumper deal reminds me of chasing down a Grabber hood for my Maverick. I'm surprised that no one has introduced a reproduction bumper or better yet, a carbon fiber, lightweight replacement.
Ok - admittedly cheesy.

Scuff, prime, paint, a chrome bumper.  The size and shape are real close and most people would not even notice.

- Paul

Ok - admittedly cheesy.

Scuff, prime, paint, a chrome bumper.  The size and shape are real close and most people would not even notice.

- Paul
That's been on my mind.......

That's what I did and it looks pretty good. Only that the urethane one has that cool recess in the center and most of all it fits better than the chrome one which is always too wide.

IMG_8277.JPG

Back